web page builder for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4 won't compile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

web page builder for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4 won't compile

This error. Any help appreciated. I used this plugin on HS2 and found it very useful.

Application Exception System.Web.Compilation.CompilationException

error VBNC30248: CHANGEME

Description: Error compiling a resource required to service this request. Review your source file and modify it to fix this error.

Details: error VBNC30248: CHANGEME

Error origin: Compiler

Error source file: /tmp/root-temp-aspnet-0/443bde2a/App_global.asax_yf3pl0u5_1.vb
    Exception stack trace:
    at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.BuildAssembly (System.Web.VirtualPath virtualPath, System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerParameters options) [0x00312] in <3871f67f23f64678a82b5d3506d6a5db>:0 at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.BuildAssembly (System.Web.VirtualPath virtualPath) [0x00008] in <3871f67f23f64678a82b5d3506d6a5db>:0 at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GenerateAssembly (System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder abuilder, System.Web.Compilation.BuildProviderGroup group, System.Web.VirtualPath vp, System.Boolean debug) [0x00202] in <3871f67f23f64678a82b5d3506d6a5db>:0 at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.BuildInner (System.Web.VirtualPath vp, System.Boolean debug) [0x00106] in <3871f67f23f64678a82b5d3506d6a5db>:0
    Error source context:
    Error lines: 1

1: #ExternalChecksum("/usr/local/HomeSeer/html/Global.asax","{406ea660-64cf-4c82-b6f0-42d48172a799}","7AF4B1B52D1D332DD24F634F78F849DC") 2: '------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 3: ' <auto-generated>
    Full error source code: (click to show):
    Version Information: 6.8.0.105 (tarball Tue Feb 4 22:00:05 UTC 2020); ASP.NET Version: 4.0.30319.42000

My system info. It does run on Linux, right?
    System Information
    Current Date/Time: 3/28/2020 8:46:16 PM EDT
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.548 (Linux)
    HomeSeer: Is Registered
    System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 5 Minutes 59 Seconds
    User Name and Access Level:
    LAN IP Address
    Client IP Address
    External IP
    Network Adapter: HomeSeer Adapter -> Loopback Address (localhost) IP: 127.0.0.1
    Web Server Port/SSL
    Number of Devices:
    Number of Events:
    Event Last Ran: Grow Light : Grow Light Off, Ran at 3/28/2020 8:21:46 PM
    Number of unique event scripts used: 0
    Plug-Ins Enabled: Insteon:
    Modules/Threads: 91 Modules, 38 Threads
    Available Threads: 399
    HomeSeer Memory Used: 95 Mbytes
    Plug-In Memory Used:

Yes, it works fine. The issue is the version of Mono you are running which has a bug which prevents the serving of .aspx web pages.

I believe Mono 6.8 is fine but you may need to discuss this with Linux gurus here.
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      Yes, it works fine. The issue is the version of Mono you are running which has a bug which prevents the serving of .aspx web pages.

I believe Mono 6.8 is fine but you may need to discuss this with Linux gurus here.
      Thanks for this. I Googled around and see others have solved the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

I am actually running version 6.8.0.105

Comment

6.8 may be for HS4.

As I say, you need to speak to the Linux guys who have got this working.

For example, there is one thread on the subject here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ge-compilation

- Can you assist?
          Jon

Comment

Ssh into you zee s2.

as sudo:

sudo nano /usr/bin/vbnc

then remove all the txt you see.

then paste this
            Code:
            #!/bin/bash
            for x; do
            if [[ $x = '/tmp'* ]]; then
            sed -i '1{/#Externa/d}' $x
            fi
            done
            exec /usr/bin/mono --debug $MONO_OPTIONS /usr/lib/mono/4.5/vbnc.exe "$@"
            Last edited by ; March 30, 2020, 06:19 PM. Reason: Edited vbnc path

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
              Ssh into you zee s2.

as sudo:

sudo nano /usr/bin/mono/vbnc

then remove all the txt you see.

then paste this
              Code:
              #!/bin/bash
              for x; do
              fi
              done
              First, thank you for trying to help me. I had this working great on HS2 and a windows PC years ago and what I remember most about it is it was time-consuming, and being quarantined I have plenty of time. My Linux skills leave much to be desired but that's what I upgraded to.

When I do this command: "sudo nano /usr/bin/mono/vbnc",
              I get this reply: "[ Path '/usr/bin/mono' is not a directory ]"

When I use WinSCP I don't see a folder called mono. I do see mono files though at the bin level, AND what looks to me to be a shortcut to "mono". Am I not at sudo level?
              Again, I lack Linux skills but I can follow directions. Thanks again.

Comment

Sorry the command is /usr/bin/vbnc i edited my previous post.

when you finished to pasted the text (see if it has formated properly) then press ctrl +o and hit enter to save the file.

Comment

Sorry the command is /usr/bin/vbnc i edited my previous post.

when you finished to pasted the text (see if it has formated properly) then press ctrl +o and hit enter to save the file.
                  This is what I get.

homeseer@HS3Pi3v6:~ $ sudo -i
                  root@HS3Pi3v6:~# /usr/bin/vbnc
                  Visual Basic.Net Compiler version 0.0.0.5943 (Mono 4.7 - tarball)
                  Copyright (C) 2004-2010 Rolf Bjarne Kvinge. All rights reserved.

vbnc : Command line : error VBNC2011: No files to compile! Cannot do anything!
                  Compilation took 00:00:00.5229900

Comment

I will rewrite it, so it is clearer.

in ssh paste this command

Code:
                    sudo nano  /usr/bin/vbnc
                    Remove all the text you see.

paste this code.. and be carefull that it is formated correctly

Code:
                    #!/bin/bash

for x; do
                    fi
                    done
                    press crtl +o , then press enter so the file is saved
                    Attached Files

Comment

I will rewrite it, so it is clearer.

in ssh paste this command

Code:
                      sudo nano /usr/bin/vbnc
                      Remove all the text you see.

paste this code.. and be carefull that it is formated correctly

Code:
                      #!/bin/bash

for x; do
                      fi
                      done
                      press crtl +o , then press enter so the file is saved
                      I think we got it. It looks like it's serving "a page" but I have something not configured right in the plugin. Any advice here is appreciated too since it sounds like you have it running, otherwise I'll look through the document. I have everything in the right folders.

Comment

Good :P.

We can't compile asp page on linux . It has to be an aspx page. Is there a /Buildpage.aspx page in that jon00 package ?

Comment

I saw somewhere that on the zee s2 it won't work becaue the page will never load?

Comment

Good :P.

We can't compile asp page on linux . It has to be an aspx page. Is there a /Buildpage.aspx page in that jon00 package ?
                            Yeah I see that now. I tried both and when I copied the aspx out of the document, I had a comma at the end. Now, Buildpage.aspx and Jon00BuildPageAction.aspx serve with no error, but are blank pages and maybe that's what they're supposed to look like. I'm going to fire up my old windows machine that has HS2 on it. I understand the old ini files won't work? But at least it will refresh my memory. Thank you so much. I think I can go from here. I should have some good looking pages by the time the quarantine is over.

Comment

Originally posted by Isk82 View Post

Yeah I see that now. I tried both and when I copied the aspx out of the document, I had a comma at the end. Now, Buildpage.aspx and Jon00BuildPageAction.aspx serve with no error, but are blank pages and maybe that's what they're supposed to look like. I'm going to fire up my old windows machine that has HS2 on it. I understand the old ini files won't work? But at least it will refresh my memory. Thank you so much. I think I can go from here. I should have some good looking pages by the time the quarantine is over.
                              You should be able to view the demo page that comes with the download. The URL you would use for this is /Buildpage.aspx?val=qv
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X