web page builder for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4 won't compile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

You should be able to view the demo page that comes with the download. The URL you would use for this is /Buildpage.aspx?val=qv
    Initially, it would serve the page but it was blank. Then all of a sudden without my changing anything, this happened:
    System.Web.HttpException

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404.The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Details: Requested URL: /buildpage.aspx
    Exception stack trace:
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.AssertVirtualPathExists (System.Web.VirtualPath virtualPath) [0x00075] in <3871f67f23f64678a82b5d3506d6a5db>:0 at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.Build (System.Web.VirtualPath vp) [0x00000] in <3871f67f23f64678a82b5d3506d6a5db>:0 at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetCompiledType (System.Web.VirtualPath virtualPath) [0x00037] in <3871f67f23f64678a82b5d3506d6a5db>:0 at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtua lPath (System.Web.VirtualPath virtualPath, System.Type requiredBaseType) [0x0000f] in <3871f67f23f64678a82b5d3506d6a5db>:0 at System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstance (System.String virtualPath, System.String inputFile, System.Web.HttpContext context) [0x00021] in <3871f67f23f64678a82b5d3506d6a5db>:0 at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler (System.Web.HttpContext context, System.String requestType, System.String virtualPath, System.String path) [0x00000] in <3871f67f23f64678a82b5d3506d6a5db>:0 at System.Web.HttpApplication.GetHandler (System.Web.HttpContext context, System.String url, System.Boolean ignoreContextHandler) [0x00059] in <3871f67f23f64678a82b5d3506d6a5db>:0 at System.Web.HttpApplication.GetHandler (System.Web.HttpContext context, System.String url) [0x00000] in <3871f67f23f64678a82b5d3506d6a5db>:0 at System.Web.HttpApplication+<Pipeline>d__225.MoveNext () [0x00564] in <3871f67f23f64678a82b5d3506d6a5db>:0
    Version Information: 6.8.0.105 (tarball Tue Feb 4 22:00:05 UTC 2020); ASP.NET Version: 4.0.30319.42000

Comment

Remember Linux is case sensitive and that includes URL's for Homeseer's web server (wrong I know). So you need to call /Buildpage.aspx?val=qv and NOT /buildpage.aspx?val=qv
      Jon

Comment

Remember Linux is case sensitive and that includes URL's for Homeseer's web server (wrong I know). So you need to call /Buildpage.aspx?val=qv and NOT /buildpage.aspx?val=qv
        Thank you. I copied the link right out of the doc so I don't know what happened but I'm back to displaying blank pages. Inspecting the page this is all the html contains. This is http://myip:81/Buildpage.aspx

Comment

That's not right. Can you display /test.aspx
          Jon

Comment

That's not right. Can you display /test.aspx
            Yes. 3 buttons.

Comment

Looks like there were a few issues running under Linux. Please try V1.0.6

I've sorted out a couple of filename case issues as well and updated the documentation so everything should now tally.
              Jon

Comment

Looks like there were a few issues running under Linux. Please try V1.0.6

I've sorted out a couple of filename case issues as well and updated the documentation so everything should now tally.
                I deleted all the old files and copied the new. I'm still getting blanks pages.

We have the .aspx serving worked out but is it possible the scripts aren't running on my Pi to build the pages? Here is some more info about my system.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.548 (Linux) on a CanaKit Raspberry Pi 3B

~ $ cat /etc/os-release
                PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)"
                NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux"
                VERSION_ID="9"
                VERSION="9 (stretch)"
                VERSION_CODENAME=stretch
                ID=raspbian
                ID_LIKE=debian

Comment

Is there anything showing in the HS3 log?
                  Jon

Comment

I think I have found another case issue. Open up Buildpage.aspx in a text editor.

Change Jon00BuildPageASPX.vben to Jon00BuildpageASPX.vben
                    Jon

Comment

Is there anything showing in the HS3 log?
                      Here is the log. Sorry for the loss of continuity. I realize it's getting late over there for you.
                      Mar-31 12:51:30 PM Error Loading script Jon00BuildPageASPX.vben :File not found: Jon00BuildPageASPX.vben
                      Mar-31 12:50:15 PM Warning File does not exist: /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/js/jquery.min.map
                      Mar-31 12:49:33 PM Error Loading script Jon00BuildPageASPX.vben :File not found: Jon00BuildPageASPX.vben
                      Mar-31 12:49:17 PM Startup ASP.NET application host created
                      Mar-31 12:49:15 PM Startup Creating ASP.NET application host...
                      Mar-31 12:48:27 PM Web Server Web Server authorized local login successful from: 192.168.1.187 User: Bill_admin

Comment

I think I have found another case issue. Open up Buildpage.aspx in a text editor.

Change Jon00BuildPageASPX.vben to Jon00BuildpageASPX.vben
                        I posted these into a text editor and did a find, they are identical.

Edit: I see the case difference now.

Comment

Page still renders as blank. Here is the log from last attempt at Buildpage.aspx Note: I did not get these errors before when it was rendering a blank page.
                          Mar-31 3:50:09 PM Error Compiling script Jon00BuildpageASPX.vben: Function without an 'As' clause; Object return type assumed.
                          Mar-31 3:50:09 PM Error Compiling script Jon00BuildpageASPX.vben: Value of type 'Object' cannot be converted to 'System.Object[]'.
                          Mar-31 3:50:09 PM Error Compiling script Jon00BuildpageASPX.vben: Variable declaration without an 'As' clause; Object type assumed.
                          Mar-31 3:50:09 PM Error Compiling script Jon00BuildpageASPX.vben: 42021
                          Mar-31 3:50:09 PM Error Compiling script Jon00BuildpageASPX.vben: 42021
                          Mar-31 3:50:09 PM Error Compiling script Jon00BuildpageASPX.vben: The import 'System.Core' could not be found.

Comment

I've just copied all the files from the download zip (which I updated with the problem identified earlier) to my old Zee and the page displays correctly.

Are you sure you replaced the script Jon00BuildpageASPX.vben? It has a date/time stamp of 31st March 2020 at 2:49:41 PM

Jon

Comment

I've just copied all the files from the download zip (which I updated with the problem identified earlier) to my old Zee and the page displays correctly.

Are you sure you replaced the script Jon00BuildpageASPX.vben? It has a date/time stamp of 31st March 2020 at 2:49:41 PM
                              OKay. That worked. It is indeed slower than on Windows but I know that's not your fault. I may have mistakenly copied the scripts into the html/scripts folder at one point. Thank you. This gives me something to do while I'm quarantined. I'll send you a donation like I did years ago when I used it and your weather scripts on my HS2 Windows version. I'm not sold on this Linux thing but HS3 was giving it away free and all I had to do was buy the CanaKit Pi. I've pre-paid for HS4 upgrade, but that seems to be slow coming to Linux. I may get a fanless Windows computer and go back to that. Thanks again.

Comment

Many thanks. Linux support for HS4 is available and Rich has finally sorted out getting ASPX web pages working on beta version 4.0.3.2 with the latest Mono version.

Whilst I totally understand why people want to run Homeseer under Linux (No OS cost, low power processors), it is still a native Windows application and a fudge running under Mono. Most of the issues I see resolve around buggy builds of Mono as people upgrade. I will probably get shot down in flames but IMO you will always get a better experience running Homeseer under Windows.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X