Database Charting Deleting Chart Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Database Charting Deleting Chart Style

I realized today that if you select the very last chartstyle in the drop down you get a delete chartstyle button. So now that I figured that out after a couple of years of fumbling around, how do I delete chart styles up in the list? I see that the chartstyles in the drop down are numbered sequentially, and I think you've told me that i'd have to edit the ini file to delete earlier entries, and rename the ones that need to stay, but I really can't remember. So do I have the edit the ini file?
    Attached Files

Not easy at all because all your charts are referenced to the specific chartstyle reference number in the list. I suppose what you should be doing is to reuse the ones marked for deletion rather than starting a fresh style.
    Jon

Comment

I think my problem is that I 'lose' the chart. I'll be working on getting things to report right, but I end up changing something that messes up the chart so bad that it doesn't display any longer, and I can't figure out how to re-establish the graph, so I have to start over. I've been at this all day, trying to build this chart, and about an hour ago the chart stopped displaying. If I choose a canned line chart it shows up. So when this happens I 'start from scratch'. Any ideas what I've done wrong? Maybe its bad data?

Attached Files

Comment

I'm really not sure what you have done so difficult to advise. What you can do to 'start-over' for a style is to make a note of the chart style reference (to the left of the drop-down i.e. [Chartstyle45]), for the one that is working good/styled correctly and the one you wish to start-over. Lets call [Chartstyle22] as the working style and [Chartstyle45] as the one you wish to start-over.

Then open up Jon00DBChartingStyle.ini (Config folder) using a text editor. Search for [Chartstyle22] and copy all entries below for that section. Then search for [Chartstyle45] and delete all entries under that section. Finally paste the copied entries from [Chartstyle22] under [Chartstyle45] and save the file.
        Jon

Comment

Working...
        X