Charting only Sunrise to Sunset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charting only Sunrise to Sunset

How would I chart only sunrise to sunset? I think I need to put the device codes into the chart time start and stop blocks. How would I find HS's device codes for the sunrise/sunset data? I found someone referencing SunRiseDevice, and SunSetDevice, do these need a $dev: in front?

It would not be easy to implement sunrise/sunset chart filtering because it would need calculations on your long /lat / chart date to do so. Far easier is to stop the database logging data after sunset and starting again at sunrise but this would affect other metrics in that table. To do so, you would change the timer setting. This can be done with 2 events (sunset & sunrise) and a simple immediate script command.
    Jon

Comment

I don't understand why I would need to calculate the Longitude when Homeseer already has the sunrise and sunset times, wouldn't it suffice to grab those times dynamically somehow? I say somehow, because surely there's $SunSet $SunRise command I could use. The event and script to start/stop this specific chart seems logical, could I bother you with coding the script? sorry to be a bum. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
        I don't understand why I would need to calculate the Longitude when Homeseer already has the sunrise and sunset times, wouldn't it suffice to grab those times dynamically somehow? I say somehow, because surely there's $SunSet $SunRise command I could use. The event and script to start/stop this specific chart seems logical, could I bother you with coding the script? sorry to be a bum. ;-)
        No because you are only thinking of creating a chart for the current day. You could have a database which contains many months of data and to show one day in the past would need calculating.

What is your current method to record data in the database for this chart? On device value change or via a recurring timer?
        Jon

Comment

Ohh I was just thinking only the current day. They're HS Devices, and I have the DB Table set to fixed timer 15min referenced to minute. it's no big deal, i thought I could just add the sunset and sunrise times in the Time Start and Time Finish, and be off to the races. I built a 13 hour chart, and it's working, so I'm good with the way it is. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X