Jon00 HS4 Application Version Update Notifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 HS4 Application Version Update Notifier

This package allows you monitor for HS4 updates via a virtual device. This can be used to trigger events if necessary.

There are a few settings which enable you to change what is displayed on the virtual device.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	146 Size:	40.5 KB ID:	1410299

Any problems, please post here.

As always, it can be downloaded from my site (click on my banner below).

(No banner shown? check your forum display settings!)
    Jon

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    This package allows you monitor for HS4 updates via a virtual device. This can be used to trigger events if necessary.

There are a few settings which enable you to change what is displayed on the virtual device.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	798
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	1410299

Any problems, please post here.

As always, it can be downloaded from my site (click on my banner below).
    What means does it use to check for an update?

Comment

The URL which Homeseer calls when you start Homeseer.
      Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

I get the following error:

Error in Main Block 7 System.InvalidProgramException: Invalid IL code in scriptcode19.VBWrapper:WriteDevice (string): IL_04fc: nop at scriptcode19.VBWrapper.Main (System.String Parm) [0x00eec] in :0

Running on Debian 10.5.0 with HS version 4.1.3.0, latest mono 6.10.0.104.
        Any ideas?

Kind regards,
        Rene.

Comment

I've no idea at the moment. I've tested this on Linux with HS Version 4.1.3.0 without issue.

What version of Mono are you running? I tested using Mono JIT compiler version 6.10.0.104 (tarball Fri Jun 26 19:38:24 UTC 2020)
          Jon

Comment

Running on Debian 10.5.0 with HS version 4.1.3.0, latest mono 6.10.0.104.
            There is no new virtual device created. Could it help if I create that manually?

Comment

I've sent you a PM with a test version to try.
              Jon

Comment

Unfortunately I could not resolve the issue with RMB. If you try this under Linux, would someone let me know if it works or not?
                Jon

Comment

Working here under windows.

Comment

Jon00,

I would like to fire off an event if HomeSeer or an installed Plugins have an update available. Could you also do something like this for the plugins? I recognize unmanaged plugins may not be possible so not expecting that level. Except maybe for yours???

Karl
                    Karl S
                    HS4Pro on Windows 10
                    1070 Devices
                    56 Z-Wave Nodes
                    104 Events
                    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
                      Jon00,

I would like to fire off an event if HomeSeer or an installed Plugins have an update available. Could you also do something like this for the plugins? I recognize unmanaged plugins may not be possible so not expecting that level. Except maybe for yours???

Karl
                      I've made that easy manually?

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...-4#post1384774
                      Jon

Comment

Jon00 scrap script works great toto scrap plugin update information ( from Jon00 plugin aspx page above) and homeseer update too with this link http://www.homeseer.com/updates4/hs4update.txt

Comment

I can do the same manual check just as easily with the HS4 Installed Plugins page. But I seldom visit the web site so having a mechanism which call alert me could be helpful. Of course, I could just take the, if it isn't broken don't upgrade it approach.

Based on your linked thread I guess I could use your web page scraper utility, correct? If that is the case and I'm running HS4 I guess I could scrape the installed plugins page.
                          Karl S
                          HS4Pro on Windows 10
                          1070 Devices
                          56 Z-Wave Nodes
                          104 Events
                          HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                          Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Yes it works . Our posts were posted almost at the same time

Comment

I'll come up with something later in the year. Most of the code is already written in the web page but you can use my Datascraper package (now with direct JSON parsing capability BTW!) to tie you over.
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X