Alexa helper - more than 1 trigger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa helper - more than 1 trigger?

I need a little guidance on how to use the Alexa helper to trigger more than once. I want to ask Alexa to 'mute the study and do an energy report'.

I already have a trigger with the Alexa Text: Mute study (mode 5) and another with Alexa Text: Energy report (mode 1) and both work individually. But if I ask Alexa to 'mute the study and do an energy report', it ignores the muting of the study and reads the energy report.

Alexa does hear the right text and there are no errors in the log so I expect I haven't done something right.

Any ideas gratefully recieved.

I've just figured out that the first trigger needs to be positioned above the second trigger. Now it works 😊

Comment

Well, I thought it was working but I seem to have broken it again. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Can you provide a screen grab of the Primary Trigger you have configured.
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          Can you provide a screen grab of the Primary Trigger you have configured.
          Hi Jon

Screen shot as requested.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	57
Size:	280.9 KB
ID:	1422763

Comment

So have you got the energy report trigger further down the list?

For mode 5 upwards to work, further triggers must be lower down the trigger list.

The alternative is to provide separate triggers:

Trigger 1:
            Alexa Text: Mute the Study||Turn of study sound
            Alexa Ignore Text: Energy Report
            Mode 1

Trigger 2:
            Alexa Text: Energy Report
            Alexa Ignore Text: Mute the Study||Turn of study sound
            Mode 1

Trigger 3:
            Alexa Text: Mute the Study||Energy Report||Turn of study sound
            Mode 1
            Jon

Comment

Yes, the energy report is further down the list.
              I've just changed the mode for the trigger to mute the study to mode 5 and its worked. Is there a problem with mode 7?
              I'll take a look at your other suggestion, thanks for that.

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                So have you got the energy report trigger further down the list?

For mode 5 upwards to work, further triggers must be lower down the trigger list.

The alternative is to provide separate triggers:

Trigger 1:
                Alexa Text: Mute the Study||Turn of study sound
                Alexa Ignore Text: Energy Report
                Mode 1

Trigger 2:
                Alexa Text: Energy Report
                Alexa Ignore Text: Mute the Study||Turn of study sound
                Mode 1

Trigger 3:
                Alexa Text: Mute the Study||Energy Report||Turn of study sound
                Mode 1
                Hi Jon

I'm still having problems with mode 5 and up which I can't fathom. Can you help?

I have a trigger to mute a speaker with Alexa Text: Mute the hall
                I also have a trigger to unmute the same speaker with Alexa Text: Unmute the hall

When these are set to mode 3 they both work perfectly individually.

I also have a test trigger below these in the list with Alexa Text: Say hello (mode 1)

This what happens when I try modes 5 and 7 together with the 'say hello' trigger......

If I change the 1st trigger to mode 5 and ask Alexa to mute the hall and say hello, it works as expected.
                If I change the 2nd trigger to mode 5 and ask Alexa to unmute the hall and say hello, it triggers both the mute and unmute triggers and then says hello.

If I change the 1st trigger to mode 7 and ask Alexa to mute the hall and say hello, it works as expected.
                If I change the 2nd trigger to mode 7 and ask Alexa to unmute the hall and say hello, it triggers the mute (incorrectly) and then says hello.

Any help is much appreciated.

Comment

Probably because 'mute' is contained in the word 'unmute'.
                  Jon

Comment

I thought that too. I'll try to find someone different words!
                    Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                    X