jon00 motherboard & hard drive monitor discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jon00 motherboard & hard drive monitor discussion

Please post your comments, suggestions and bug reports here.
    Jon

Thanks Jon. Gonna play with it right now. Pouring rain here this morning and perfect timing for a new script!

Comment

Great job Jon. I only ran into 1 hitch. In the speedfan2.txt and 3 and so on. All the scripts refer to speedfan.ini. I had to change 2.txt to refer to speedfan2.ini, 3.txt to refer to speedfan3.ini and so on.

Other than that it went off without a hitch.

My only issue is with my hardware. I get very minimal info from my machines. Not an issue with your script though.

Keep it up!!!!!

Comment

So far so good John - Thanx!
        One little thing - can you move the "This device is created automatically so make sure you set this value to a free virtual device!" up in the doc before the Create Event step! I had to go to a backup xml to see that thankfully I didn't have anything on S1 or S2 (at least I think...). They do tell you to read the directions front to back first....

Comment

JOM,

Thanks - I had done that but decided to modify the script slightly. I totally forgot to do the find & replace again on the new version and just renamed them

I will wait a bit until anything else comes to light before re-posting.

As for the information - yes it all depends on hardware. I am currently changing over from Motherboard monitor on all my PC's. My lowest spec PC has the most info:

CPU Temp
          Case Temp
          HD0 Temp
          HD1 Temp
          CPU fan speed
          Case Fan speed
          VCOREA
          +3.3V
          +5V
          +12V
          -12V
          -5V
          +5VSB
          VBAT

I never saw the 5V standby or the battery voltage using Motherboard monitor!
          Jon

Comment

David,

Yes, I can...

As you can see there is quite an amount of configuration to do. Perhaps I should have left out the device codes in the sample ini file to prevent it running.
            Jon

Comment

I get next to no info on 3 machines so far. I agree though. My cheapest machine shows the most. And sadly it's only HD temp and 2 fan speeds. Wonder why I get none of the info you're getting. Find it hard to believe info is this lacking - on all 3 machines!

oh well. I guess you get what you pay for in a computer hehehehe

Comment

JOM,

You can always check the monitoring within the bios. It normally has a page to show board temperatures, fan speeds etc. These should be also available to speedfan.
                Jon

Comment

ok. Just noticed something. All of my devices are created and named as they should be from the ini file. However, all the data for the device are identical for the 3 machines currently monitoring. Gonna dig a little and will report what I do or do not figure out.

Comment

Alright. I am a buffoon! hehe
                    I forgot to change the speedfanlogpath. I stupidly left it at c:\program files\speedfan\ . Instead of the ACTUAL network that, forgetting that the script was actually obtaining the data from other computers across the net.

ie... \\LAPTOP\speedfan

All is well again

Comment

Easily done... That is in the instructions though
                      Jon

Comment

"We don't need no stikin' instructions"

Comment

Jon - Fantastic script, have it working over two machines now.

Cheers
                          Lance

Comment

Hey Jon, I'm only seeing one column with data in the log file--the seconds column. In the speedfan app, it looks like I have access to lots of data though nothing shows up. Ever seen that?
                            -Tom

Visit Kernhome
                            Kern Theater Gallery

(User: guest / Pass: guest)

Comment

Tom,

You may have activated logging but you also need to tell Speedfan what you want logged. Look at the instructions I wrote - it tells you how to do this.

1:10AM here...I'm off to bed!
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X