X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon, thanks for HSTile, I'm just starting into it. I've created a page with simple light switches that is working fine. I want to setup a tile (or label) that when clicked will execute an HS Event - no password is required. I've tried setting up through a TileEvent and a LabelEvent, but I seem to be missing something in the setup since nothing happens. If setting up a LabelEvent (as Tile 9), where do I add the tag [labelevent ,eventname]? Is there anything else I need to do?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	event.JPG
Views:	301
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	1454104

after labelevent put the event group and event name and it should work

Comment

Just to clarify, you use [labelevent {eventgroup},{eventname}] for labels Only and [tileevent {eventgroup},{eventname}] for tiles Only. If you try to use a tileevent in a label (or vice versa), it will screw things up.

If you look at the Tag Index in the docs, you will see that these are marked as Action Tags (Invisible) which means it can be placed in any of the Text/tag Entries and won't be seen.
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          Just to clarify, you use [labelevent {eventgroup},{eventname}] for labels Only and [tileevent {eventgroup},{eventname}] for tiles Only. If you try to use a tileevent in a label (or vice versa), it will screw things up.

If you look at the Tag Index in the docs, you will see that these are marked as Action Tags (Invisible) which means it can be placed in any of the Text/tag Entries and won't be seen.
          Thanks, between the 2 suggestions - I finally got it. (so simple, but I made 2 mistakes!)

Question, when I click the button, there is no evidence that it's been "clicked". Is there any way to show that it's been clicked? Changing colour momentarily, etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
            I’ll try an event in a tile later today. I have several events defined in a links drop down and they work properly.
            Jon; I sent you an email, but the answer might apply to other users. I found the circumstances that will replicate the problem. The issue occurs in Tiles as well as Links. I had been working with On,Off (100,1) Virtual devices. Tiles or Widgets in Links will not control them by label or by value. They will report status. Events run fine with both plug-ins. If I go to a Z-Wave physical device, both Tiles and Links will control it just fine. It will not control Arduino inputs either.

The problem for me is a significant portion of what I want to control will be virtual devices and some Arduino inputs..

Turns out that Jon uses CAPI controls, which do not work on Arduino or Virtual Devices. Jon can go into this further, but my workaround is to use the Tile Tags to display the status of the Virtual and Arduino devices, but a separate TileEvent for control. Works fine.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by JeffCharger View Post

Question, when I click the button, there is no evidence that it's been "clicked". Is there any way to show that it's been clicked? Changing colour momentarily, etc.?
              From the settings page (Global Settings - All Tiles & Labels Page X) you can turn on 'button click' which will create a click sound when you press the button.

You can change the color of the tile/label on mouse down using the [tilecolormd] and [labelcolormd] tags, however this only works with a mouse and NOT on a touchscreen.
              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by rdc View Post
                Is there a way to make a Tile blink or flash when it reaches a certain value so that it sticks out at a glance that it may need action
                I've got this working now and will be in the next release.
                Jon

Comment

Thank you. Look forward to trying it out.

Comment

From the settings page (Global Settings - All Tiles & Labels Page X) you can turn on 'button click' which will create a click sound when you press the button.

You can change the color of the tile/label on mouse down using the [tilecolormd] and [labelcolormd] tags, however this only works with a mouse and NOT on a touchscreen.
                    Thanks Jon, the screens I am looking at developing are for remote use so the click won't help. Colour change will help a bit when on my desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffCharger View Post

Thanks Jon, the screens I am looking at developing are for remote use so the click won't help. Colour change will help a bit when on my desktop.
                      Not sure what you mean by remote. The click will be heard on any device operating the tiles; i.e. if you have an Android tablet, it would be heard on that.
                      Jon

Comment

Not sure what you mean by remote. The click will be heard on any device operating the tiles; i.e. if you have an Android tablet, it would be heard on that.
                        Clicks work great on my Android tablets and phones on wan networks
                        tenholde

Comment

Gotcha, it does work. It was a problem at my end.

Comment

The flashing tile color change is really cool. Now you can tell at a glance of the page if the alarm is on or a particular device is running. Very nice
                            Thanks The ebike tile at the bottom is flashing red when turned on. This is more noticeable than animated gifs for me. Click image for larger version

Name:	jon001.JPG
Views:	265
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	1454501Click image for larger version

Name:	jon002.JPG
Views:	246
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	1454502

Comment

Anxious to try it
                              tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
                                Anxious to try it
                                Tomorrow. Just need to do a bit of work with the docs.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X