Trying Image Replacement. Here is what I did to make it work:

Code:
    [ImageReplace1]
    1=/images/HomeSeer/status/off.gif,/images/jon00/hstile/Off.png
    2=/images/HomeSeer/status/on.gif,/images/jon00/hstile/On.png
    [ImageReplace2]
    1=images/HomeSeer/status/on.gif,images/HomeSeer/status/fan-state-on.png
    2=images/HomeSeer/status/off.gif,images/HomeSeer/status/fan-state-off.png
    I tried with the "/" in front of the paths as per the included example, but could not get it to work. Removed the "/" per the above and all is well.
    tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post

Got it working. Thanks.
      So user/pass works?
      Jon

Comment

One suggestion for the documentation-if you have applied a custom camera URL in the cameraX.html files-you will not want to overwrite those files when you update to a newer version of HSTile.

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

So user/pass works?
          Not sure. I added the user/password in the .ini file, but I also changed to relative URLs. I do get a password prompt when I start my main application remotely (which I want), but I no longer get prompted when the Tiles pages are invoked (which is the way I want it). I believe this is probably because of the use of relative URLs (I've already authenticated from the linked from page).

I'll play with it a little to see if I can ascertain that the ini file entries are working.
          tenholde

Comment

Is there any way to make the Homeseer log used as a tile constantly refresh itself. It will refresh if I run the script but otherwise it stays behind until it gets refreshed and you
            dont get to see the log in real time. I am starting to use this interface as my go to first screen up. It gives me what I think Homeseer should look like.

Comment

Also on my wish list is the ability to see tile content while they are moved around the screen and auto arrange tiles like a windows desktop. Best Plugin of the year. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by rdc View Post
                Is there any way to make the Homeseer log used as a tile constantly refresh itself. It will refresh if I run the script but otherwise it stays behind until it gets refreshed and you
                dont get to see the log in real time. I am starting to use this interface as my go to first screen up. It gives me what I think Homeseer should look like.
                It would be unwise to update the script constantly but you can try it if you wish. I would not recommend a duration shorter than 5 seconds and only update the page with the log showing.

One other option is that you could use my Homeseer log monitor to trigger on any change which would then run the script to update the page.
                Jon

Comment

Originally posted by rdc View Post
                  Also on my wish list is the ability to see tile content while they are moved around the screen and auto arrange tiles like a windows desktop. Best Plugin of the year. Thank you
                  Thanks.

You can drag with content but you cannot resize.
                  Jon

Comment

I have a question about performance. You have a parameter to set the number of pages, to restrict checking to just the number of pages defined. I have initially designed 4-5 pages that are completely full of Tiles (actually, labels). While the device action to clicking a tile is near immediate, the updating of tiles after the click is sometimes delayed a few seconds. It 'appears' that the delay increases as the complexity of the page increases? My question: For best performance, would I be better with a few complex pages, or more, but simpler, pages. Thanks.
                    tenholde

Comment

Is there a way to delete pages? As I am learning, I am going through several redesigns, resulting in newer pages and defunct older pages that I'd like to be able to delete.
                      tenholde

Comment

Could you provide your thoughts on my design approach. I will end up with 5 or more pages full of Tiles for multiple rooms/devices. I've started placing buttons on the top of each page to display one of the other pages, which requires duplicating and maintaining the same buttons on top of each page. I've experimented with having one page with the buttons on the top, and the rest of the page an iFrame whose contents is one of the other pages, switched by the buttons. In a simple experiment, it appears to work. Anything I should be concerned about this approach before I start designing around this approach?
                        tenholde

Comment

Is there a way to delete pages? As I am learning, I am going through several redesigns, resulting in newer pages and defunct older pages that I'd like to be able to delete.

You just need to delete the Jon00HSTileX.ini and Jon00HSTileDataX.ini (where X is the page number) from the Config directory. You can renumber the others sequentially if you wish.
                          Jon

Comment

Could you provide your thoughts on my design approach. I will end up with 5 or more pages full of Tiles for multiple rooms/devices. I've started placing buttons on the top of each page to display one of the other pages, which requires duplicating and maintaining the same buttons on top of each page. I've experimented with having one page with the buttons on the top, and the rest of the page an iFrame whose contents is one of the other pages, switched by the buttons. In a simple experiment, it appears to work. Anything I should be concerned about this approach before I start designing around this approach?
                            I can't see an issue. The button page and iframe are basically static after rendering so there is zero strain displaying that.
                            Jon

Comment

Good idea.
                              Don

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

So user/pass works?
                                So I did some testing today, and I could NOT get the user/pass entries to work.
                                tenholde

Comment

Working...
                                X