Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

could not find library 'scheduler.dll' - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

could not find library 'scheduler.dll' - Solved!

Hi Jon,
    I got your Links and Charting running successfully on HS4 and was quite enjoying them. An unexpected reboot of my HS4 computer changed all of that. Now, neither one will run when I try to access the web pages giving me the error:
    2/09/2021 08:49:01HomeSeerErrorCompiling script Jon00LinksHS4ASPX.vben: compiler initialization failed unexpectedly: The system cannot find the file specified.
    2/09/2021 08:49:01HomeSeerErrorCompiling script Jon00LinksHS4ASPX.vben: could not find library 'Scheduler.dll'
    2/09/2021 08:48:59HomeSeerStartupASP.NET application host created
    2/09/2021 08:48:58HomeSeerStartupCreating ASP.NET application host...
    2/09/2021 08:48:55HomeSeerErrorCompiling script Jon00DBChartingASPX.vben: compiler initialization failed unexpectedly: The system cannot find the file specified.
    2/09/2021 08:48:55HomeSeerErrorCompiling script Jon00DBChartingASPX.vben: could not find library 'Scheduler.dll'

The shortcut to start Charting runs it with administrator privileges and is set to start in the same directory as where the EXE is located, and links had an even easier copy installation, so not sure what is going on. I downloaded the HS4 versions of both and this machine never had HS3 on it.

Thanks
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Do you use task scheduler to start HS4? Try starting Homeseer from the desktop icon. Does that resolve the issue?

Then look at this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...43#post1445343
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      Do you use task scheduler to start HS4? Try starting Homeseer from the desktop icon. Does that resolve the issue?

Then look at this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...43#post1445343
      Awww crap, yeah that is it. I fiddled with the Start In folder setting on YOUR program to try to fix it, but did not even imagine that it was the HomeSeer one that was screwed up - thanks!
      Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
      X