Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Image Combiner for Pushover/Email (Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Image Combiner for Pushover/Email (Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4)

One of the limiting functions of pushover or emails is that they can only send one image or attachment at a time. For instance, to send several pictures from an Homeseer trigger via Pushover would require multiple messages.

This utility therefore allows you to combine up to 10 images to make a single new image (stacked above each other) which can then be sent in one message, as shown below (3 images shown):

Click image for larger version  Name:	ImageCombiner.png Views:	0 Size:	19.1 KB ID:	1466877

This is particularly useful for security notifications etc. You can easily scroll this combined image on a mobile/cell phone.

This utility has the following features:

» Capture and save up to 10 image files from local cameras which have snapshot URL capability.
    » Combine up to 10 different images from local file paths or captured to a single image.
    » Capture the same image multiple times with definable time delay between each capture.
    » Resize the final image to reduce file size.
    » Send the image via Pushover without a separate dedicated event.
    » Send the image via Email without a separate dedicated event.
    » Pushover & Email subject/message can benefit from the use of Replacement variables providing HS info.

As always, you can download it from my site (Click on my banner below)

(No Banner seen?- check your Forum Settings - User Settings, Account, Tick 'Show Signature')

Please post any comments, suggestions here!
    Jon

I got this to work with a picture on the computer but I can't get it to work with my camera.

used the same URL that was in Netcam plugin, http://username-password@192.168.1.2...pshot.cgi?chn=[0] but in the log it says "no valid filename/URL for path1 terminted.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
    Jim

Comment

Please try V.1.0.1 on my site to see if it makes any difference.
      Jon

Comment

No more error in the log. I have it set to do 3 pictures and pull a picture from 3 different cameras. It works with the pictures but not the cameras. I think it's going to fast through the script and it's not enough time to login to each camera. I will try doing a delay for the cameras.

Thanks
        Jim

Comment

V1.0.2 is now available.

I have added a delay setting between image capture(s) and sending as an email/pushover message. There were occasions where the image processing had not completed in time and was sending a corrupted image.
          Jon

Comment

Working...
          X