No announcement yet.

Jon00 Occupancy Simulator for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bug caused by my own enhancement request! 🤨 Thanks, I'll give the updated version a shot.

Comment

I updated Homeseer some days ago to version 4.2.6.0 I just noticed the occupancy plugin is not working anymore:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-12-09 19_48_03-Home automation Heubergau - AnyDesk.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	1513107

Reading on this error , a question which is asked is a test.aspx:

Name:	2021-12-09 19_37_12-192.168.68.20_88_test.aspx.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	1513106

startup.vb:

Name:	2021-12-09 19_50_19-Home automation Heubergau - AnyDesk.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	1513108

Any suggestions what could be wrong?

Thanks,
      ​​​​​​​Cornelis

Comment

Try starting Homeseer from its desktop icon. Does that work now?
        Jon

Comment

Yes , that is working. That means I always have to start HS via the desktop icon? what about in the very near future I want to run HS as a service?

Thanks,
          Cornelis

Comment

No to both. If you are using Task scheduler to start Homeseer, check you have filled the Start-in text box as shown here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...52#post1501252

I'm assured that ASPX pages work when running as a service provided you have installed Homeseer in the default directory. If not, changes need to be made.

Jon

Comment

Still testing ... and ran across another issue (not sure how to troubleshoot). We left for our evening walk, so my event turned on the occupancy group and the plug-in scheduled the devices to be turned on. We got back from our walk before most of the scheduled times, but one device was scheduled for 6:31pm and wasn't on when we got home and there's nothing in the log indicating the plug-in tried to turn it on when it was supposed to.

Name:	2021-12-09_18-49-59.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	1513188

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                No to both. If you are using Task scheduler to start Homeseer, check you have filled the Start-in text box as shown here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...52#post1501252

I'm assured that ASPX pages work when running as a service provided you have installed Homeseer in the default directory. If not, changes need to be made.
                I just checked, and task scheduler is set up how you described it . But when the computer restarts , it doesn't work:

Name:	2021-12-10 07_49_46-Home automation Heubergau - AnyDesk.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	1513230
                copy paste from the box says: Start in (optional) : C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer\

Do you have any suggestions?
                provided you have installed Homeseer in the default directory
                Not sure if I changed it. I had some issues upgrading from HS3 to HS4, is it the default directory?

Thanks,
                Cornelis

Comment

Not sure then. If you want to keep running HS as an application, you can use Startup Delayer instead of Task Scheduler (which is what I use).

If you want to go the service route, I would update to 4.2.7.0 and try it.
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by windracer View Post
                    Still testing ... and ran across another issue (not sure how to troubleshoot). We left for our evening walk, so my event turned on the occupancy group and the plug-in scheduled the devices to be turned on. We got back from our walk before most of the scheduled times, but one device was scheduled for 6:31pm and wasn't on when we got home and there's nothing in the log indicating the plug-in tried to turn it on when it was supposed to.

Name:	2021-12-09_18-49-59.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	1513188
                    The only way I can see that happening is that you have not selected a valid device to control for device 4.
                    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                      The only way I can see that happening is that you have not selected a valid device to control for device 4.
                      It's valid (the plug-in shows the Ref number) and I have the on/off commands selected. This is a dimming light so the On is set to 70%.

I did some more tweaking tonight and will continue to test.

Comment

Originally posted by windracer View Post
                        It's valid (the plug-in shows the Ref number) and I have the on/off commands selected. This is a dimming light so the On is set to 70%.

I did some more tweaking tonight and will continue to test.
                        I cannot replicate. I had 6 lights going on/off all morning here and they all correctly responded. Most odd.
                        Jon

Comment

The device page shows root with 9 icons at the top, inmage 1. When I open the root page, image 2, I see the root and all 10 groups. I have the first 2 groups defined as 1. PM Occupancy and 2. AM Occupancy. I have AM "On" and "PM" Off. Back at the device page, the first (left most) icon shows "On" and the 2d shows "Off". Also, the description on the root page is PM Occupancy.
                          I was expecting to see the 2d icon as "On" and the 1st as "Off" (the graphic icons are properly labeled in the "edit status/graphics" for both groups).
                          I also expected to see the proper group description when I hover over the root page icons.
                          Did I miss something or is this the proper behavior?
                          I love the app and these are minor issues.

Spud
                          Attached Files

Comment

It's the peculiarity of grid view unfortunately and determined internally. In addition to the root, HS4 seems to want to show a 'control device' (Group 1) as its first feature device on the grid card. That is why the top icons are only showing Group 2 to 10. You can modify certain things if you go click on the root device and then select the 'Features' link. From there you have options of what shows/position on the grid.
                            Jon

Comment

Thanks jon00, appreciate the input.

Comment

For information.

Whilst the PI version has not changed, I have modified the setup page to include test buttons when setting each device on/off controls.This checks the CAPI interface is working correctly for that device.

If you also/alternatively select on/off events, test buttons will also appear which manually run the selected event.

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	126
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	1549347

Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X