Jon00 HS3 Device Creator for HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks ace Jon.
    Are you a robot? You seem to produce this stuff at rapid pace lol.

Have you got around the other issue we discussed regarding missing controls?

Comment

It should all be sorted in this new version....
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        It should all be sorted in this new version....
        Nice. I'll try it later when home.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SmartyPants View Post

Nice. I'll try it later when home.

Thanks
          Did it make any difference to your device issues?
          Jon

Comment

not sure if this can be reproduced but it seems like Status only HS3 devices created with the plugin are not recognized by "Easytrigger: a device string is" within events.

Devices created directly in HS3 (/_deviceutility.html) or copies of it are recognized (they are in the drop down list when choosing a trigger or condition)
            - Formerly known as 123qweasd (account got corrupted...)
            HS4, HSTile, ESP based devices and sensors, Tasmota, OpenMQTTGateway, RTL433, DIY ground plane antenna, BlueIris + LAN cams, USB-UIRT, ATON DLA6, WACUP, Multiple Android tablets for control. Plug-Ins Enabled: mcsMQTT, Restart, EnvCan, EasyTrigger, CM15A, BLLAN, BLBackup, Pushover + multiple Jon00 tools​

Comment

I've checked the code and clicking the status only checkbox does set the status only flag. Not much more I can suggest.
              Jon

Comment

Don't spend too much time on this, was just wondering if someone who owns Easytrigger could reproduce.

There's a number of issues trying to keep HS3 Standalone/status only virtual devices around in HS4;
                To avoid further issues and though it adds unnecessary complexity, I decided to stick with HS4 created Parent/Child devices and disable all features for Status only devices.

just unfortunate you still need to keep the unused feature assigned to a wasted ref#, and visible.

It just makes the already messy HS4 device manager, well, messier.
                - Formerly known as 123qweasd (account got corrupted...)
                HS4, HSTile, ESP based devices and sensors, Tasmota, OpenMQTTGateway, RTL433, DIY ground plane antenna, BlueIris + LAN cams, USB-UIRT, ATON DLA6, WACUP, Multiple Android tablets for control. Plug-Ins Enabled: mcsMQTT, Restart, EnvCan, EasyTrigger, CM15A, BLLAN, BLBackup, Pushover + multiple Jon00 tools​

Comment

I am currently faced with a task of having to create virtual devices to represent about a dozen split AC units as there is apparently no HS integration for Mitsubishi Kumo Cloud stuff. I have discovered how to poll status and control the devices via this NodeJS thing, and could write a script to update the virtual devices, and run when they change.

My question... Is this my best and perhaps only path forward if I want to create virtual devices with sub-devices, such as thermostat devices? And are there any shortcuts to creating the first thermostat device from which I can make copies. Those are complicated devices with many sub-devices and even more complicated status/graphics setups. I'm looking for a template, so to speak. I have no thermostat devices in the system currently to copy from.
                  HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                  Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Not really sure what you are asking. A device has to be created whether it is achieved via the HS4 interface or this (but I suggest you use the version that creates HS4 devices). HS4 provides an easy method to copy devices once created. My Status Graphics editor may be useful for setting the icons if you are not using the default Homeseer icon directory.
                    Jon

Comment

Oh! I see you have a HS4 device creator too. I assume that is what you're suggesting I use instead of this. Makes sense.

The native HS4 interface does not allow you to create virtual devices with sub-devices, correct? I've looked but never found a way.

Can anyone think of a way to get HS to create a HS thermostat device without actually adding one via a plugin? Just looking for a template, or shortcut, so I don't have to manually build everything from scratch.

HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

When you create a device in HS4, it creates a root device plus a feature device. That said you cannot set the device feature type for this feature but you can if created with my HS4 device utility as shown below.

Suggest you use it to create a root device, then a feature with the correct feature type and then copy that using the HS4 GUI.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	78
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	1635859

Jon

Comment

Understood about feature type. Not sure I need that but couldn't hurt. Plus, native HS only allows for 1 feature device per virtual device, correct? I'm going to need 8 or more feature devices per thermostat. I will install and start playing with your HS4 device creator tonight. Thanks! And sorry for posting in the wrong thread.

Comment

Working...
                          X