This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
    Wow! 18 hours to diagnose a problem and issue a new version. All is working here, with no known problems. I, personally, didn't have the disappearing label issue, but the new ability to modify/add labels, as necessary, is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, yet again, Jon!
    Many thanks. I believe the issue was linked to HS4 devices rather than HS3 devices which you may have tested it on.
    Jon

Comment

I actually tried both, with success, but I suspect that you are entirely correct.
      HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
      Home Assistant 2024.3
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
      Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
      Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
      WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
      AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
        Wow! 18 hours to diagnose a problem and issue a new version. All is working here, with no known problems. I, personally, didn't have the disappearing label issue, but the new ability to modify/add labels, as necessary, is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, yet again, Jon!
        True !! Thanks a lot Jon00

Comment

Wondering if anyone has run into this: when attempting to change the graphics on a Zwave switch that is standalone meaning no root /child relationships, all appears to work the page refreshes after the click on the desired graphic but the graphic doesn't actually change. The delete of a status works but adding a status does not. Although the normal HS4 graphics editor does work. As far as I can ascertain so far anything with a root and child relationship works great--Thank You

Comment

Not something I can check unfortunately. Are you using V1.0.4?
            Jon

Comment

Yes I am using V1.0.4 on HS4 V4.2.6.0.
              Thank You

Comment

Is this a 3.2 device (Advanced Information on status/graphics tag)?
                Jon

Comment

Yes they are 3.2 devices

Comment

Same thing happened whan I attempted to change the graphics on a standalone virtual device originalled created under HS3 then copied under HS4 to get around the HS4 virtual bug. All appeared to work & the page refreshes after the click on the desired graphic but the graphic didn't actually change.

Found this error in HS4 log.
                    Error in NewStatusGraphicsSingle Block 1: System.Exception: You can only add controls to features at Scheduler.hsapplication.AddStatusGraphicToFeature(Int32 devRef, StatusGraphic statusGraphic) at scriptcode15.VBWrapper.NewStatusGraphicsSingle(Int32 dvRef, Int32 StartValue, String ImageString, String Label)

Rolled back to Jon00 Status Graphics Editor 1.02 and was able to change the graphics.

Comment

Hmm...I'm caught between a rock and a hard place here.

Version 1.0.2 used older HS3 API to modify the icon graphic. That worked fine on both HS3 & HS4 devices. The problem is that it destroys the status text (see post 9) if the device has that. Version 1.0.4 uses the HS4 API to modify the icon but that errors on HS3 devices. I did put some code in place to try and convert 3.2 devices to V4 devices but I only tried that on test devices. The HS3 API is also not working correctly on HS4 (retrieving the Graphics status text for one). So buggy all round in HS4. Not sure what to do next.....
                      Jon

Comment

Looked at post #9. I have a Windows 7 machine running HS4 4.2.6.0. Just checked and I am able to change the graphics status using Version 1.0.2 without loosing or a change to the Graphic Status text. But am editing a device created up HS3.

Comment

...but it fails on a HS4 device. I may have to check for the device version and choose between the HS3 and HS4 API's... but will lose the ability to add the status text on a HS3 device. Not very satisfactory....
                          Jon

Comment

Just created a new test virtual device under HS4 4.2.6.0 and added 2 new single values with text status & 2 new single graphics. Then changed garphics with Version 1.0.2. Checked and the Text status remained unchanged.

Checked the Edit control sections works properly but the Edit Status/Graphics section has issues.

Guess I am luck I only use to change the graphics statue icon not add graphis status.

Comment

OK, I believe I now have this working correctly on both V3.2 and V4 devices.

Please give V1.0.5 a try:

Changes since V1.0.4:

HS3 devices are now processed using the HS3 API and HS4 devices by the HS4 API.
                              Added information bar showing the device reference, device version and device value.
                              The device select drop-down now shows HS3 devices in light-blue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	288
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	1516082
                              Jon

Comment

Thanks so much ! I tried 1.0.5 and changing graphics works great on both V3.2 and V4 devices. I'm not sure if a consequence of the HS3 API but on 3.2 devices adding a new single or range graphic does the screen refresh after clicking on a graphic but does not add. Adding works fine on V4 devices.

Comment

Working...
                                X