This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Status Graphics Editor & Copier for Homeseer 4

This utility allows you change status graphics for a device. Whilst this functionality is built-in to HS4, you are limited to selecting icons from a single directory (html/images/HomeSeer/status). Access to other image directories such as installations of Simple Lines , Simple Lines Dark or icons used in Plugins, HSTouch etc is now not possible.

The capability of selecting an image directory was built-in to Homeseer 3, however you could only select file names rather than seeing the icon to select. Unfortunately, you now can’t use the legacy Homeseer 3 pages in Homeseer 4 to perform this selection as that part is now broken.

Taking the best parts of both HS3 and HS4 interfaces, this utility allows you to easily change directories AND see the images within.

I’ve written this to be intuitive and simple to use. After selecting the device to change and image directory (if required), only 2 additional clicks are required to change the icon. Labels can also can also be added/modified if required. The utility allows easy fixing of broken icons seen on the devices page.

You have an option to install a button on the Status Graphics section when viewing devices via the HS4 devices page. Clicking on this will open this editor with the current device already loaded for editing.

The utility also has the capability to create and delete status graphics including bulk deletion if required.

There is also a built-in second utility to enable you to copy Status graphics and controls from one device to other(s). More details here.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	197.7 KB ID:	1514214

As always, it can be downloaded from my site (click on my banner below)

(No Banner seen?- check your Forum Settings - User Settings, Account, Tick 'Show Signature')

Any issues, please post here!
    Jon

Version 1.0.2 is now available.

You now have optional integration to the Homeseer 4 Status/Graphics page which adds a button to the Jon00 Graphic Editor. When pressed, the editor will open in a new tab with the device ready for editing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1117
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	1513675
    Jon

Comment

Very nice integration with HS4. Thank you

Comment

Wonderful! Thanks, Jon.
        HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
        Home Assistant 2024.3
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
        Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
        Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
        WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
        AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Jon, I looked on your site and couldn't find it in the dropdown list. Is this available for HS3 as well or only HS4?

Comment

It's only available for HS4 as HS3 does not have an issue with selecting icons from different directories.
            Jon

Comment

Hi Jon00,

if I update the graphics on a device, the status info is removed from the device. Then if I try to modify the status to what it was, everything get deleted.
              I tried in every order with the same results.

This remind me of a bug HomeSeer had in hs4 beta. Maybe the system does like new path (edit: same result with hs4 original path)
              Attached Files

Comment

What do you mean by updating graphics....via the Homeseer interface or via my editor?
                Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                  What do you mean by updating graphics....via the Homeseer interface or via my editor?
                  I meant via the editor. Sorry that was not clear .

Let's take as an exemple of a new virtual device with two ''start'' values (0,100), two Status (Motion,No motion), and two graphics.

If change change graphics with your utilitiy the statues are now missing

Then if i try to change the status to what it was, the entire row disapear.

The Same thing will appen if i change the status of the last row

Comment

FWIW, I tried this and I am not seeing this behavior. I am using GSEditor V. 1.0.2 and HS 4.2.6.0.

PS
                    Is this part of the debacle of trying to figure out what is and is not the root?
                    Home Assistant 2024.3

Enabled Plug-Ins
                    AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Here i am using hs4 4.2.0.7, Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by pistacheL0 View Post
                        Here i am using hs4 4.2.0.7, Linux.
                        Are you running HS4 as a service?
                        Home Assistant 2024.3

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Originally posted by pistacheL0 View Post

I meant via the editor. Sorry that was not clear .

Let's take as an exemple of a new virtual device with two ''start'' values (0,100), two Status (Motion,No motion), and two graphics.

If change change graphics with your utilitiy the statues are now missing

Then if i try to change the status to what it was, the entire row disapear.

The Same thing will appen if i change the status of the last row

I can reproduce this on Windows so it is not a Linux/Windows Issue.

Carrying out tests using both HS3 and HS4 scripting methods still deletes the graphic status text when you update the graphic. I've had a PM chat with Rich who will add this as an issue to look into. I doubt it is high on their list. I can make some changes which will allow you to add the status text back manually (i.e not delete the line as seen now) but it is not entirely satisfactory.

One option may be to read the existing graphics status text and then save it again...something to look at tomorrow.
                          Jon

Comment

Version 1.0.3 has been released.

This version corrects the issue with Labels being destroyed when changing an icon.
                            I've also now included labels in the display and the ability to modify/add labels as necessary.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1048
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	1514195
                            Jon

Comment

Wow! 18 hours to diagnose a problem and issue a new version. All is working here, with no known problems. I, personally, didn't have the disappearing label issue, but the new ability to modify/add labels, as necessary, is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, yet again, Jon!
                              Home Assistant 2024.3

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Working...
                              X