Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Pronto Won't Load (Windows 11)

Hi

I've used Jon's Pronto application in the past to trigger HS events from my Phillips Pronto remote. I'm wanting to use it again now but can't seem to even get the Jon00ProntoHS3.exe file to load. I can't see it running in Task Manager, and I don't see the expected lines appear in the HS Log to indicate it has started up.

I've tried disabling antivirus software to make sure that wasn't blocking it but still can't seem to get the .exe to run.

Does anyone have experience getting this to run under Windows 11?

Thanks

When I have Task Manager open when I try to run Jon00ProntoHS3.exe I do see an entry "Jon00 Pronto Control (32 bit)" briefly appear in the Background Processes list. Then status shows "Suspened" very briefly and the entry disappears.

I've tried running as administrator, and also running with Windows 7 and Windows 8 compatibility modes, but can't seem to make the program keep running.

Comment

Are you trying to run this on HS4? If so, it will not work as-is.
      Jon

Comment

Yes, trying to use with HS4. I thought the .exe file would still load, but is its operation dependent on successfully interfacing with HomeSeer?

Comment

Yes, it will never work because:

1) It checks that the HS3 process is running (which is different to HS4)
          2) It is compiled to work with HS3 DLL files and is not compatible with the HS4 versions.

If you need this, I'll have to do some work on it.....
          Jon

Comment

Ok, I understand. I would certaily use it but don't expect you to work on it unless you wanted to.

Do appreciate all of your work and contributions though!

Comment

I've sent to a PM with a new version to try.

Edit: Confirmed working in HS4 and now available to download from my site.
              Jon

Comment

Working...
              X