Voice Monkey Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voice Monkey Volume

I am trying out some of the Amazon provided sounds like doorbell, etc. The volume of those seems to be a lot lower than Alexa's usual voice. Is it possible to increase the volume during an announcement through Voice Monkey and then it drops back to what it was before? I kind of would prefer defining a fixed volume though it would be cool if there is some way to adjust it through events (different levels when the alarm system is in home mode and different level when it is in sleep mode).

Unfortunately, no. The volume of the audio clips should be 'normalized' to Alexa's voice.

The only thing you could do is reduce the volume of Alexa voice by using SSML tags, something like:

Code:
    <prosody volume='x-soft'>I am speaking softly</prosody>
    You can't use this volume tag around the audio tag.

Personally, I don't see the volume differential here.
    Jon

Comment

Ok, thanks. I will try some different audio clips.

Comment

I use a somewhat involved way of changing the volume on my Alexa devices using events and Jon's utility.

Create a monkey to be used for volume change per device. This makes the monkey available to run an Alexa routine that uses "device settings" to change the device volume.

An HS event triggers a Jon00 VMonkey Utility to trigger the monkey which then runs the alexa routine that changes the device volume.

A kind of "follow the bouncing ball" process, but it works for me.

HTH

Rob

Comment

Working...
        X