TTS web speaker clients. New feature added to my Voice Monkey PI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many thanks!

It is unfortunate that minority languages take a back seat with many applications Sorry but cannot help with that.

After testing your issue with the client web page, it looks like this is a bug with the HS3 web server. It works fine on HS4. This will never get fixed now so all you can do is open up Jon00webspeakerclient1.html in a text editor.

Search for the line:

instance = "001"

Change that to:

instance = "002"

Finally save the file to something different such as Jon00webspeakerclient1a.html

If you now call up Jon00webspeakerclient1a.html in Homeseer, it will default to the second instance.

If you want more client instances, do the same with different file names.
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      Many thanks!

It is unfortunate that minority languages take a back seat with many applications Sorry but cannot help with that.

After testing your issue with the client web page, it looks like this is a bug with the HS3 web server. It works fine on HS4. This will never get fixed now so all you can do is open up Jon00webspeakerclient1.html in a text editor.

Search for the line:

instance = "001"

Change that to:

instance = "002"

Finally save the file to something different such as Jon00webspeakerclient1a.html

If you now call up Jon00webspeakerclient1a.html in Homeseer, it will default to the second instance.

If you want more client instances, do the same with different file names.

Hi Jon,

I fully understand that you cannot help to solve the language problem; it was just a (frustation) comment.

Sorry for the off-topic but only to comment your phrase

[OFF TOPIC]
      Globally Portuguese is not a minority language
      Portuguese occupies the 4th/5th position among the most spoken languages in the world. With approximately 280 million speakers
      This is due to our past as mappers of the African continent and discoverers of Brazil.
      The problem is that given the distance from Portugal, Brazilian and African Portuguese has a different accent and it's own espressions
      [/]

I already bought the upgrade to HS4 a few years ago, but I still haven't had the courage to upgrade (i need a loooot of time!) . and Everything works fine on HS3

Concerning your solution to the "instance problem", I will try it!

In any case I will definitely use this plugin and as such I will contribute with never less than the standard value (for a plug in)

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ANTOLIVEIRA View Post

Hi Jon,

I fully understand that you cannot help to solve the language problem; it was just a (frustation) comment.

Sorry for the off-topic but only to comment your phrase

[OFF TOPIC]
        Globally Portuguese is not a minority language
        Portuguese occupies the 4th/5th position among the most spoken languages in the world. With approximately 280 million speakers
        This is due to our past as mappers of the African continent and discoverers of Brazil.
        The problem is that given the distance from Portugal, Brazilian and African Portuguese has a different accent and it's own espressions
        [/]
        Sorry, poor choice of words. I did look in to Amazon pt-pt and noted in my research that Portuguese speakers in Portugal made up a tiny percentage of world Portuguese speakers who had different dialects; hence my minority language comment.

Please let me know if you get the second client working.
        Jon

Comment

Sorry, poor choice of words. I did look in to Amazon pt-pt and noted in my research that Portuguese speakers in Portugal made up a tiny percentage of world Portuguese speakers who had different dialects; hence my minority language comment.

Please let me know if you get the second client working.
          Hi Jon,

Yes, you're right: pt-pt we are about 11 million, but there are several sapi voices in pt-pt The need to choose pt-pt is more important in TTS just because I don't like the pronunciation of pt-br - subject clarified -

Concerning the web client: The page header changed to WEB:002, the sentence I wrote for WEB:002 appears correctly written on the page, but the sentence that is read is the sentence I wrote for client WEB:001

Comment

Originally posted by ANTOLIVEIRA View Post

Concerning the web client: The page header changed to WEB:002, the sentence I wrote for WEB:002 appears correctly written on the page, but the sentence that is read is the sentence I wrote for client WEB:001
            Yes, that is a bug in Jon00webspeakerclient1.html

I just updated the download but you can do this yourself.

Open the file up in a text editor and find:

source.src = '/jon00voicemonkey/speak001.wav#t=' + stime;

change that to:

source.src = '/jon00voicemonkey/speak' + instance + '.wav#t=' + stime;

Then save and refresh the page.

Jon

Comment

Yes, that is a bug in Jon00webspeakerclient1.html

I just updated the download but you can do this yourself.

Open the file up in a text editor and find:

source.src = '/jon00voicemonkey/speak001.wav#t=' + stime;

change that to:

source.src = '/jon00voicemonkey/speak' + instance + '.wav#t=' + stime;

Then save and refresh the page.
              Hi Jon,

Now it's working properly

Thanls

Comment

The upgrade instructions are detailed within the ReadMeFirst.txt file in the download zip (basically replace/add everything apart from your Jon00VoiceMonkey.ini file).

In HSTile, you just use the iframe tag in the toolkit but set the width/height size to 0.

i.e.

[iframe /Jon00webspeakerclient1.html,0,0,0]

Jon I know this is an old post but am a little confused to make this work. I just used the iframe weather image Tile preset and changed row 1 to the line above. Then I hid the tile. Is that the correct way to do this?

Comment

No need to hide the tile as the size is set to 0.
                  Jon

Comment

OK got it. I forgot to change the X and Y size to 0. Thanks Jon.

Comment

Working...
                    X