Jon00 HS4 Device Creator for Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 HS4 Device Creator for Homeseer 4

This utility allows you to create HS4 root and feature devices as an alternative to the standard HS4 interface. It has options to select device parameters not available via the standard interface (such as ‘Status Only’ device) and devices can be created in one hit, rather than the numerous clicks needed via the HS4 interface.

It allows creating a root device without a feature device (which can be used for status only) and adding feature devices to a newly created root device or existing root devices.

Root Device Setup:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture1.png Views:	61 Size:	61.2 KB ID:	1559865

Feature Device Setup:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture5.png Views:	57 Size:	144.4 KB ID:	1559866

May be useful for some

As always, it is available from my site. Click on my banner below.

(No Banner seen?- check your Forum Settings - User Settings, Account, Tick 'Show Signature')

Any issues etc, please post here.

Related: Jon00 HS3 Device Creator for HomeSeer 4
    Jon

Great. That will make the process much easier. Thanks!

Comment

Thank you Jon. Another great tool that fills the gaps in HS4.
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

You never cease to amaze me Jon...

Comment

Originally posted by Burrington View Post
          You never cease to amaze me Jon...
          Well, there was just too many mouse clicks for me.....
          Jon

Comment

A mix of this script/page and the one that permit us to change graphics would be the best of both world

Comment

Originally posted by pistacheL0 View Post
              A mix of this script/page and the one that permit us to change graphics would be the best of both world
              You already have that?
              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

You already have that?
                Yea just downloaded you utility, and saw the link in the webpage ! Thanks !!

Comment

I just downloaded and installed the Device Creator and the entire HS4 system slows to a crawl as soon as I invoke it. Looking in the scripts folder I have:
                  Jon00HS3DeviceASPX,vben and
                  Jon00HS4DeviceASPX.vben

Something's wrong. Do I need both?

Comment

One is to create HS3 devices; the other is to create HS4 devices. Two different downloads. Depends on what web page you have called? You don't run these directly!

You may have experienced a ASPX 'crash' where you will need to restart HS.
                    Jon

Comment

I have restarted and all's well for now. It was the HS3 version that I summoned by typing my ip/Jon00 etc.

I'll keep an eye on it.

Comment

When I try to call the home page, I get a blank page. The normal menu line is still present, just nothing else.
                        Error message in the log: Loading script Jon00HS4DeviceASPX.vb :File not found: Jon00HS4DeviceASPX.vb

Linux on rPi.

Any clues?

Comment

Sorry, re-download and just replace Jon00HS4Device.aspx in the html folder...
                          Jon

Comment

Perfect, thanks!

Comment

Can I create Virtual Devices with this plugin? I would like to create a virtual device for my zwave blinds that Alexa would see as OPEN/CLOSE not ON/OFF.

Comment

Working...
                              X