Jon00 check multiple email & webmail discussion V3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://localhost/

I have a button on that page called Email which opens up a link to your to your program (http://localhost/Readmail1.ash). On your web page is there a way to place a button to return back to localhost? To get back to that screen, I have to either use the back button or exit that web page and Click Control-W (Homeseer 1) to get back to localhost.

Also, is that error message coming form that web page code or another script. If you want me to check something, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Steve

Comment

Steve,

I assume you are using HS1 as HS2 should display the button on the readmailX.ash page.

The correct way to add your button would be to add it via a file called links.htm. This button will then show on all pages. Do a search on this board for 'links.htm' which should give you all the info you need.

As for the error, yes it must be generated by the web page served by Homeseer. Do you have another PC networked on your system? If so, does the error show on that machine as well?
      Jon

Comment

Outlook Express client doesn't download email

I am testing with one account where the client is Outlook and another where the client is Outlook Express. If CheckEmailPOP v3 reads the mail off the server for the Outlook account, the Outlook account can still download the email later. But for Outlook Express it will not download the new email after CheckEmailPOP has seen it.

I turned on POP logging in Outlook Express and it does a Stat and gets back zero unread messages (I am presuming that is what the value means). It then decides there is no email on the server and gives up. I could not find any settings to change this behavior in OE so the email seen by CheckEmailPop could be downloaded to it later.

Peter

Comment

Peter,

There is no reason for this. The script just reads data on the mail server and nothing more. I use both Outlook and Outlook Express and they both can read and download the mail checked by the script.
          Jon

Comment

More Info on "Objected Expected" HTML Errors

***EDITED*** - Deleted the attachment since Jon has now duplicated the problem.

Regarding

Line: 74

Character: 1
            Error: Object expected
            Code: 0
            Url: http://localhost/Readmail1.ash

And

That error was also reported in another thread http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=110730
            The simple answer is that I do not know! I have logged in to my server on numerous machines and have never seen this error on this page. Unless I can reproduce it, this is going to be very difficult to fix.

I am getting this as well. It appears the webserver (or something) is breaking long html lines up into shorter ones (1024 chars) at the point where this occurs. It causes IE to flag the page as downloaded with errors. Attached is an IE View Source excerpt from the offending page. The "object expected" error is reported on the first char of the second line in the excerpt which is the continuation of the previous line.

Jon - Sure would be nice to have a sub-forum for your nifty tool so we could track the individual discussions separately!

Peter
            Last edited by ; February 13, 2006, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Additional info - the HTML is the footer buttons from HS. But it only errors on the email pages. Go to setup/web site and change Navigation Links to Both to duplicate.

Comment

Peter,

Thanks for that. It appears that if you do not use links.htm for site navigation, then the error appears. I can now reproduce it by renaming links.htm on my server.
                Jon

Comment

OK, I have found the Object error problem - will post the updated ReadmailX.ash pages within the next day or two.
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00
                    There is no reason for this. The script just reads data on the mail server and nothing more. I use both Outlook and Outlook Express and they both can read and download the mail checked by the script.
                    Let me play with this some more. The mail is definitely on the POP server - I can see it with the ISP's web client. I need to figure out why my OE will not download it...

Peter

Comment

Thanks Jon. I am glad you were able to duplicate the problem.

Steve

Comment

Hopefully, this should correct the Object Error problem in the readmailX.ash pages. Due to upload restrictions, only the first 6 mailboxes are available here.

Please let me know if it fixes the problem.
                        Attached Files
                        Jon

Comment

Jon:

So far so good. No error message yet. I will keep an eye on it.

Thanks,
                          Steve

Comment

Jon - No page load errors here after your fix. Thanks!

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by jon00
                              That's an easy one!

You will need to install the includes package found here

Everything should then work great!
                              Thanks, that took care of the problem! Regards, Toby
                              HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

That's good news all around then!
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X