X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ASPx] Jon00 Homeseer 2 web page (Quick view) builder

Version 2 now available here

There are many Homeseer users who want to display virtual devices, text and images in a web page but do not have the necessary web or programming skills to do so.

What I have done here is to get Homeseer generate a typical "Quickview" or System status web page by means of an ini file which requires no web or programming skills whatsoever (common sense though essential!). Numerous pages can be generated in this way by use of their own ini file. Pages generated do not have to show status and can be used to display just images or anything else that you like within the package constraints.

There are numerous options available including the number of columns generated, sub columns, spacing, headings, table classes used, image size etc to generate a page which is unique to you.

The image below shows how you can build up a typical quick view page with the package. Each column is built up of blocks (indicated by the blue and green dotted lines ) and normally consists of a heading followed by the information being displayed. Headings can be hidden as shown in column 3.

Because of the flexibility of this package, configuration of the ini file may take some time.

Full documentation is included to assist you in building your own pages.

If you generate a page which you think is good, please post it on the forums. Discussion forum here

As always, it's available to download from my site (click on the banner below) Please let me know how you get on with this.

Enjoy!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jon00; November 30, 2008, 02:41 AM.
    Jon

This a couple of example pages generated by this package. Thanks to darren-mc and neiltimms for their contributions.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jon00; November 16, 2007, 09:45 AM.
    Jon

Comment

Quick question...how do i change the image used to represent a device. My ceiling fan switch shows up as a light bulb...how would i change it. thanks!

Comment

Unfortunately you cannot change the icon within a device with this package. You will need to use something like BLIcon to do this for you.
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          Unfortunately you cannot change the icon within a device with this package. You will need to use something like BLIcon to do this for you.

And it works very well, i'm using just that setup to change some icons to things that make more sense. They work together very well.
          Marty
          ------
          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
          Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

jon00,

Very nice job. It works great. One question, is there a way you could have a refresh interval parameter in the config options. It would be nice to have an automatic update.

Regards
            Dave

Comment

Thanks!

Take a look at this post: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=73

If you want to change the update time, just open up BPTop.html in a text editor, search for "600" and change it to the number of seconds you want.
              Jon

Comment

Thanks. That did the trick. You are amazing. Now 1 more problem. I get this error every I access the page. It even did it with your included "qt" config file. I checked every parameter and it looks ok. Any ideas?

Error in LINEStatus: Value cannot be null.Parameter name: Argument 'Array' is Nothing.

Thanks for the quick response.

Best regards,
                Dave

Comment

Yes,

Something I must get around to sorting out.. you do not have Homeseer phone installed which is why you get an error.

Follow the procedure here: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=66
                  Jon

Comment

Thanks again Jon. Is there a way to get rid if the HomeSeer buttons at the top? Like the setup,updater etc.

I appreciate all your help. This is working out exactly the way I wanted it to.!!!!

Dave

Comment

You can get rid of the navigation links but you will need to edit the Buildpage.aspx page.

Open this up in a text editor and find the line:

PHP Code:
                      response.write (hs.GetPageHeader PageTitle,"","",False,False,False,False,False)) 
                      Change this to:

PHP Code:
                      response.write (hs.GetPageHeader(PageTitle,"","",True,False,False,False,False)) 
                      Save and reload the page. The navigation links should be gone.
                      Jon

Comment

I tried this but the links are still there. I really do appreciate your help.

Thanks
                        Dave

Comment

What links are still showing?
                          Jon

Comment

All of them. I was talking about the buttons at the top, like status,setup,updater,etc. I tried this:

response.write (hs.GetPageHeader(PageTitle,"","",True,False,True,False,Fals e))

I got rid of everything except the page we created. I looks pretty good, but I think I still would like the title bar. However try that. It only shows what you created without the exception top the top title.

Dave

Comment

I don't understand what the problem is..I just tried it myself and all my nav links go with the first false parameter set to true. That is the correct parameter to change:

Parameters
                              Parameter: title
                              Type: string
                              Description: The title for the web page to be displayed at the top of the page before the logo bar.

Parameter: extra_meta
                              Description: This parameter allows you to specify additional HTML to be included in the HEAD section of the page, and it should be formatted as a complete <meta ...> tag.

Parameter: HSOnload
                              Description: This parameter is used by HomeSeer to specify Body_OnLoad procedures in the resulting page. They are prepended to the "Web Site" configuration item of the same name.

Parameter: ExcludeNavLinks
                              Type: Boolean
                              Description: If TRUE is passed to this parameter, the navigation links will not be included in the output.

Parameter: NoHeader
                              Description: If TRUE is passed to this parameter, the HTML tag and all contents of the HEAD section will be excluded from the output. The HEAD section includes the META tags, the page title, and the BODY tag (and thus Body_OnLoad is excluded).

Optional Parameter: HeadContentOnly
                              Description: If set to TRUE, only the contents of the HEAD html tag will be returned - use this if you are generating the other page elements yourself. See the "NoHeader" parameter for information on what is included in the HEAD tag section. The default value if this parameter is not specified is FALSE.

Optional Parameter: BodyContentOnly
                              Description: If set to TRUE, only the contents of the BODY html tag will be returned - this includes any Body_OnLoad specifications that are passed with the "HSOnload" parameter or the user's Body_OnLoad configuration value. This is useful when generating your own web pages but wish to maintain the user's Body_OnLoad options which may be used with other plug-ins in the system. The BODY tag is included in the output. The default value if this parameter is not specified is FALSE.

Optional Parameter: BodyOnLoadOnly
                              Description: If set to TRUE, only the contents of the "HSOnload" parameter and the user's Body_OnLoad configuration value. See "BodyContentOnly" for a usage scenario. The BODY html tag is not included in the output. The default value if this parameter is not specified is FALSE.
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X