Jon00 Homeseer 2 web page (Quick view) builder discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm,

I was able to reproduce your session error when logged on locally and using localhost. As soon as I used the PC's IP address or Name, I could not reproduce it.

Have you tried calling the page from another PC on your network?

I would appreciate if one or two people of the many who have downloaded it could post if they have had problems calling the page or it has just worked out of the box.
    Jon

Comment

I downloaded the files a bit ago, installed them and it worked right "out of the box", surprising me with pre-configured areas as I had expected to have to start literally from scratch in working with the ini.

I am not on the PC hosting HomeSeer when I work with this, but call the URL using the hosting PC's IP number, then the BuildPage string as you indicate in your doc file.

Off to do some customisation!

Cheers,
      Scott

Comment

Thanks Scott, thats reassuring!

Liam, what version of Homeseer are you running? There seem to be some problems with ASPx pages in earlier versions of Homeseer.

Oops - just seen your earlier post. Are you willing to upgrade to a later version?
        Jon

Comment

I was thinking of upgrading very soon.......... is there a version that is pretty stable. thinking of going to 2.142

Regards

Liam

Comment

Well I'm on 2.1.173 which is release candidate 3. Its very stable with me. http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=118514
            Jon

Comment

I downloaded it about an hour or so ago, worked straight out of the box with one exception. I had to edit the ini file to remove House\Device codes that did not exist on my system.

The other thing I did different was to create a link in HS's menu bar to call the page.

I'm impressed with the weather map at the foot of the default ini page. Don't suppose there is a link for one of either Scotland or the UK is there?
              sigpic
              A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

The first time I accessed the page this morning it took a longer time to load than usual. At page bottom, after all entries, was the Server Error forward slash yellow background etc. error mentioned and posted above. There was no stack trace, just a mention that appropriate customisation of default error handling on the server could yield better error statement blah-blah-blah.

I refreshed the page, and the error section at bottom did not and has not re-appeared since.

Hope this helps in some way,

Cheers,
                Scott

p.s. the server and client side PC had not been restarted since last I looked at the page, but the client side browser had been.

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
                  I downloaded it about an hour or so ago, worked straight out of the box with one exception. I had to edit the ini file to remove House\Device codes that did not exist on my system.

The other thing I did different was to create a link in HS's menu bar to call the page.

I'm impressed with the weather map at the foot of the default ini page. Don't suppose there is a link for one of either Scotland or the UK is there?
                  The supplied ini is only a demo for layout - how could I possibly guess which house codes to use!

As for maps - no only for US & Canada
                  Jon

Comment

Ok, much progress.

Upgraded to 2.1.173.0. This went with a hitch. Called the page and got the same results as SMCWILLIAM. Page loaded ok but server error on the bottom header. Refreshed the page and have not seen the error since.

Thanks for all the work and help...........

See you later

LiamK

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                      Ok, much progress.

Upgraded to 2.1.173.0. This went with a hitch. Called the page and got the same results as SMCWILLIAM. Page loaded ok but server error on the bottom header. Refreshed the page and have not seen the error since.

Thanks for all the work and help...........

See you later

LiamK
                      Erm, after praise above I logged in remotly and got the same error at the bottom of the page, and, like everone enlse after a refresh it goes until I clear the cache.
                      sigpic
                      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

I got page not found until I added the ?val=qv and now it works fine.

Gary

Comment

I think I know what the problem is.

Open up Buildpage.aspx in a text editor such as notepad.

Find the line:

response.buffer=false

Change false to true

See if that works for you all.
                          Jon

Comment

I had the same error as smcwilliams.
                            Have change the buildpage.asp file and seems to be working OK now.

Thanks,
                            Antoon

Comment

Agreed. That seems to have done it, Jon. The page displays without the error.

But I add this later on Saturday: I can reproduce the error though: if from the main Homeseer web page I have crafted with your aspx I choose my weather button (which is coded as "/weathercom_xml/weatherstats.asp") and then choose the overview page button ("BuildPage.aspx?val=qv") the error page comes up. However at that point on the main browser URL line appears as: "http://localipnumber:localport/weathercom_xml/BuildPage.aspx?val=qv" which would of course no exist so the error is valid at that point.

Should I and everyone else perhaps make sure when we make a button like this we put the "/" in front of the BuildPage.aspx string when we call it to correct the pathing? That may be what is causing what appear to be intermittent errors for some people.

Cheers,
                              Scott
                              Last edited by smcwilliams; January 13, 2007, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Hi Jon...all working fine here.... THANK YOU!

One question - could you not make the page load qv.ini as default, rather than specifying it each time?

No big deal really...just a question!

DJ
                                ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Working...
                                X