Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ASPx] Jon00 Homeseer Log Searcher

Attached Files
    Last edited by jon00; January 22, 2009, 05:51 AM.
    Jon

Location of Log Files

Probably a dumb question but all of my logfiles are in HS 2 directory. I don't have a logs subdirectory that the utility is looking for. How do I direct the log files to be stored somewhere else other than the hs 2 directory?

Comment

It should auto detect from Homeseer's settings.

Go to Homeseer setup/general tag.

Find the drop down "Store logs in LOGS directory"

Change it to Yes then save and then change to No and save. See if that cures the problem.
      Jon

Comment

That fixed it (I knew it was a dumb question) Apparently, I have never noticed, nor set HS 2 to use logs file on the setup page. Once I fixed that, all was well. Neat script.

Reminds me of a useful script "log_errors" that was in HS 1. It sent thru the .ah log looking for error messages and then sent email listing results. That was a nice feature since it allow me to setup an event that triggered at end of day that would check for any messages. Each morning I could check to see if all was okay or if HS had gone down (no email, no HS). I don't think it was ported over to HS2. But, what you have should be able to serve same purpose.

Thanks.

Comment

Jon

Can you setup an event trigger, for any key words that the script finds?
          Hector
          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

It's a web page and not designed for that purpose. Do a search for Rupp's log monitor plugin or BLLog to do this.
            Jon

Comment

V1.03 released

V1.03 is now available.

These are very small changes but include a faster search routine, new stop time filter and a bux fix that caused the formatting to be upset when searching for certain strings.
              Last edited by jon00; January 22, 2009, 05:52 AM.
              Jon

Comment

Changes from HS version .33.

Jon it appears they have changed the format of the log files in this latest beta from dates such as "2009 Jan 19" to 2009-01-19. Is there already a built in option that would allow it to search these new files or will a code change be needed? I use your search page quite often and would hate to be without it for too long.

Thanks,
                Jeff

Comment

It would need to be changed, however It should be relatively easy.

Can you give me a couple of full examples of the name of the backup logs as I have not tried the beta.
                  Jon

Comment

Sure:

HomeSeer Log, Closed 2009-02-01 at 2359 58s.log
                    HomeSeer Log, Closed 2009-01-31 at 2359 58s.log

Those are the last 2.

Thanks,
                    Jeff

Comment

All done - V1.04 available!
                      Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon. I will download it and give it a try.

Jeff

Comment

A small bug has been identified which did not give 100% search results in certain situations.

V1.04.2 has been released to correct this.

Thanks to Chris for identifying this bug!
                          Jon

Comment

How to select all records?

I love this application and frequently avail of its powers; thanks bunches, Jon00!!

OK, now this may be a stupid question, but I couldn't find an answer here in the board nor on Jon00's site, so here goes! How do I see all log records for a specified date and/or time? The real-time log and the log view page only go back so far, and not to other days at all. So if I want to see, for example, all the log entries for yesterday between 1 and 3 PM, I would select 10/9/2011, select start time 01:00PM, select end time 03:00PM, and then what would I put in the search box? If I leave it empty it returns no records and if I put an "*" in the box (sorry, old DOS habit) it returns all records with an "*" in them. Is there a way to return all records? Or is that something that needs to/could be added?

Thanks
                            Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

It has never been requested before, however you are on the right lines. Just use a "/" or "2011" as this is in the date and common to all searches.
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X