Error msg from Performance monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here you go.

Can you make it where if you disable it in the ini file it does not check at all then?

Thanks

Thom
    Attached Files

Comment

Thom,

There is something very wrong with your graphs. How are you showing Homeseer threads and modules twice? You are missing System Committed Memory and System Average CPU usage (which are the two that were causing the error).

Can I suggest that you start from scratch - download the latest from my site.

Delete all virtual devices and event(s) and replace the script and ini file. See if things start behaving better.
      Jon

Comment

Ok Jon I deleted everything and re installed the script and evenn assigned it new house cade numbers:

error

9/18/2007 9:20:45 PM Jon00_Perf Error within Sub Main at block 3 (Category does not exist.)9/18/2007 9:20:45 PM Jon00_Perf Error within Sub Main at block 2 (Category does not exist.)9/18/2007 9:20:45 PM Info Running script in background: Jon00PerfMon.vben9/18/2007 9:20:45 PM Info Event Trigger "Jon00 Homeseer Performance Monitoring Script"

Hee is the graph, Please advise.

Thanks

Thom
        Attached Files

Comment

Jon,

Did you miss my below post?

Thanks

Thom

Comment

Thom,

As you can see, the problem values are not creating/updating the graphs. I'm afraid all you can do is disable the first three entries in the ini file to stop the errors.

As I said before, there is nothing wrong with the script. There is a problem on your Homeseer PC obtaining these values and I do not know the reason (I've searched the Internet on this). It is possible for Performance counters to be deleted but this would be most unusual. You (so far) are the only one having this issue.

At this time I have no other suggestions.
            Jon

Comment

FWIW I managed to get the same error "Jon00_Perf - Error within Sub Main at block 2 (Category does not exist)" as above and found this old thread via Google.
              In case it helps anyone else, the fix for me in XP was to re-enable Performance Logs & Alerts in Services, re-enable the 4 Perf* DLLs in Extensible Performance Counter and save the changes to the HT harddrive before rebooting. Got me quite worried for a minute. Serves me right for 'fiddling' with the system.
              All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Working...
              X