Jon00RestartHS.exe issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00RestartHS.exe issue

I'm tying to use the Jon00RestartHS.exe program that came with the performance monitor plugin to periodically restart HS. According to another post by Jon, the program trys to gracefully close HS and then restart, failing that it will give HS a hard restart and failing that reboot the computer.

In my testing, the program will not exit HS normally and only performs a hard restart of the program. I'm not running as a service. I'd like to use this program for periodic restarts if it can exit and then restart HS normally.

Am I missing something?
    Regards, Bob

Hi Bob,

The graceful exit will only occur if you have the "X" Closes Homeseer ticked. This is found on the Homeseer GUI under Edit. If you don't , Homeseer just minimises and then the restart forces the close which is what you are witnessing.
    Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon.
      Regards, Bob

Comment

Jon00,

I have an issue that I need your help with. I noticed that when I run Jon00RestartHS.exe from the command line or from and event within HS the following happens.

1) If I leave the HS GUI open Jon00RestartHS.exe will restart HS just fine and gracefully. (yes I have the X checked)

2) If I shrink HS to the system tray it will wait for awhile (timeout I suppose) and the KILL HS.

Both situations will restart HS. Is this normal for Jon00RestartHS.exe to Kill HS when it is miniumized to the system tray? If not this may be a problem with me running Windows Server 2008 / x64. If so can you fix or advise me what I might be doing wrong?

Respectfully,

Sean

Comment

Jon00,

I did a quick test and found that if I unchecked Minimize to System Tray in HS it works fine. This may have been in you documentation somewhere that I overlooked . Just woundering on the previous post though....

-Sean

Comment

Sean,

My application will try and shutdown Homeseer gracefully, however if this fails, then it will kill it before restarting. It is done in this way so that if Homeseer has crashed or not behaving correctly, it will still be closed.

If you minimise Homeseer to to tray without showing the program running on the task bar, my application will loose control of the soft shutdown so it's only recourse it to kill Homeseer.
            Jon

Comment

Thats what I tought. Thanks for the reply. I wanted to make sure.

-Sean

Comment

Working...
              X