Jon00ProcessMon disable logging ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00ProcessMon disable logging ?

Is it possible to disable the logging for particular Processes that are being monitored, I thought I might be able to do this by setting Logging = 0 in the config file but it still reports the error.
    What I'm doing is that one of the items I'm monitoriung is mapisp32 as occasionally it keeps using 100% cpu, so I thought I'd just kill it. The error I get is caused because this process is not running constantly only when required, which causes lots of the following errors in the log.

01/10/2007 18:57:58 Jon00_Process Error within Sub Main at block 2 (Instance 'mapisp32' does not exist in the specified Category.)

Is there any way to disable these log entrys based on the logging option in config file ?

Thanks
    Simon

Simon,

Unfortunately, the entries in the log are error messages caused by the process not been found. I could add an option to suppress the errors per process but cannot look at this at the moment.
    Jon

Comment

Jon,

Is this the same unknown issue I have?

Thanks

Thom

Comment

No - this is a different package where you can specify the process you wish to monitor.
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          Simon,

Unfortunately, the entries in the log are error messages caused by the process not been found. I could add an option to suppress the errors per process but cannot look at this at the moment.

if you think that is a suitable addition to the ProcessMon and you get time it would be great just to suppress these entrys for items I know are not going to be running all the time but want to still be monitored when they are.

thanks
          simon

Comment

Jon,

I would also like to request this feature be added to the plugin. I run Windows Home Server Connector on my Homeseer machine, and would like to monitor the CPU usage of the Backup process. Unfortunately, it only runs for an hour or so per day - so I get many errors in my log because the process doesn't exist the rest of the time.

Thanks...John

Comment

Not a problem. I'll take a look over the weekend.
              Jon

Comment

Many Thanks! Let me know if you want me to test a build.

...John

Comment

V1.03 has now been released.

Rather than suppress the log, I have just added a check to see if the process is running or not.
                  Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon. I'll give it a try this evening and report back.

Comment

Works great Jon! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X