Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Job!

Jon,

I see a lot of threads on issues and problems. Most are people trying to get help. That's fine.

However, I wanted to stop and thank you for the scripts you provide!

They are a wonderful addition to Homeseer!

So, a well earned pat on the back for you sir!

I'm sure there are others who are thankful as well!

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Dan,

Appreciate your kind words and support. You know my cause and just hope that the community spirit of sharing that this board once thrived on does not die completely.
    Jon

Comment

We need to come up with an award of some sort.
      automation Emmie ?
      HS2 Environment
      Zotac 1.83 GHz Quadcore
      HomeSeer Way2Call
      Netiom-Xap board
      opnode 1-wire 1.2.7
      Plug-In's
      WeatherXML 1.0.0.32
      Pwr Link USB 1.0.0.13
      mcsTemp V6.2.0.14
      mcsXap V3.0.0.0/3.0.0.20
      IM Connector 4.87.2.5
      Sip Connector 2.56.2.4
      RFXCOM 15.0.0.22
      Odroid X2
      Asterisk 11.5.1
      FreePBX 2.11.0.42
      WebMin 1.720
      Xap Switchboard by Mi4

There is no place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Jon00 Award

Originally posted by HomeTech View Post
        We need to come up with an award of some sort.
        automation Emmie ?
        Hi!

I also agree Jon00 does an excelent work, and is always available for all of us ...

It seems to me a very nice idea to have an international party (but NOT at Jon00 House...) to give him the award!

... Why not??? ....

Regards

Comment

If you like his stuff, please hit his tip jar

Jon has been a prolific and talented script writer for Homeseer. He shares willingly and supports his *FREE* software. His scripts are well-programmed, his documentation is excellent, and he will answer any questions you have about his work. His support goes beyond that provided by many of the "pay to play" software developers here on this board.

If you have benefited from his work, or would like to encourage him in his endeavours, please go to his web site, go to the downloads section and give him a donation via Paypal. I know he doesn't require it, but that doesn't mean he would not appreciate it.

Snedecor

Comment

Oh Lord! he will be unlivable with now.

He discovered Paypal, got his own forum on this BBS and continues to push out and support good stuff, and now you wish to give him a gong. I'll see if it's not too late to include him in the Christmas Honor's List

I have used Jon's bits and bobs for a long time now and have always appreciated his approach regarding sharing as opposed to selling, although I also appreciated "The Docs" (Jim Doolittle, who does sell), approach when he upgraded DM to 2.2 and he made it a voluntary upgrade fee.

I agree entirely with your sentiments Gentlemen, keep up the good work Jon; erm, Sir Jon.
            Last edited by Gogs; December 9, 2007, 11:18 PM.
            sigpic
            A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

I agree!! I use a few of Jon's plug-ins and they are TOP NOTCH!! His support for them is super fast!! Thanks for that and keep up the good work...

Comment

Jon,

Once again, HUGE THANKS.
                Another solution provided by your good self.

Not only has your previous (custom) script worked wonders since being supplied, the latest addition will baffle my stalker/hacker. [grovel] You really are a top notch bloke! [/grovel]

It goes without saying that if you need a test bench for scripts, I'm happy to test them for you. It's the least I can do.

Thanks again

Steve.

Comment

Jon00 Is GREAT

I have had a lot of help from Jon. It seems everyone has respect for him. May I suggest that we all send him a Christmas gift this year. It would make for a great acknowledgment of his work. Just my $.02's worth and I am sorry if I upset anyone. That is far from my intention. I must have wrote him thirty times in the last month and he has always responded. His work is fantastic.

I hope that Jon doesn't get a "big head" because we all admire his work so much. <GRIN> Thanks to all of you for feeling as I do. He is a great programmer.

John

Comment

Thanks for the comments John! I do like to help...it's just my nature.

One thing, I'm not a great programmer - just a hobbyist in this respect. There are a few people on this board who do deserve that title!
                    Jon

Comment

Hmm... Hmm... Clearing of throat

I too take this opportunity to salute your dedication and generosity...

I also thank you for doing much more than your fair share to keep the spirit of sharing alive and kicking on this forum.

Joel

Comment

Originally posted by fran_joel View Post
                        Hmm... Hmm... Clearing of throat

I too take this opportunity to salute your dedication and generosity...

I also thank you for doing much more than your fair share to keep the spirit of sharing alive and kicking on this forum.

Joel
                        Thanks Joel...I'll try and keep kicking for as long as I can!
                        Jon

Comment

Jon,

Don't kick...code!

--Dan
                          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Working...
                          X