No announcement yet.

Restarting Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm. When I changed the program reference to a string, the object reference error did not show up, but I did see a string of 'FAction' errors. Also the speaker icon, which normally turns red, remained white. Then, after restarting, HS was killed and restarted again, just as before.

I also tried: hs.launch Jon00RestartHS,"", , 1
    twice, once with the .exe and once as above. Both forms gave me the object reference error, but without the FAction errors and the extra HS kill and second restart.

I don't know if that's at all helpful, but if these are the alternatives, I think I'd choose the object reference error.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Most odd. I know many people use this without issue and you are the only person who has reported this particular problem. I'm trying to think what could be different with your setup that is different to others?
      Jon

Comment

If you want to just try something different to help diagnose I have attached what I use on PRO100 and HS1. The .txt file is called out of an event and the .exe file is located in the \Scripts folder.
        Attached Files

Comment

It worked

Michael,
          Your solution seems to work for me (1 out of 1 times). I saw no errors during shutdown, and startup was normal. The only obvious difference was the extended idle time after the HS window disappeared before HS restarted.

Jon and Michael,
          Thank you both for your interest. I probably could not afford to pay for what your combined horsepower is worth...and to solve such a seemingly simple problem. Just another confirmation that just because a problem is easy to describe does not mean it is easy to solve.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            I'm trying to think what could be different with your setup that is different to others?
            There is certainly nothing unusual about the physical setup. The candidate I most suspect is the Stargate plug-in. It does appear to have some other interactions, and it's not very common, so I could be the only one using the restart exe who has it. If it would help I can disable it and see what happens during a restart.

Comment

Mike,

If you are happy with Michael's solution, leave it at that. My aim was to have minimum downtime with Homeseer so I don't really want to add a delay. If other people are having issues with this, let me know.

As Michael has posted an alternative solution, people can choose which is most suitable for their needs.
              Jon

Comment

And yet another great solution from Jon00

Although the software is quit some years old, i`m new to HomeSeer and just added a restart event which is starting the application Jon00RestartHS_A.exe. After settings "x closes the application" i`m now able to restart without opening an RDP connection by using a HStouch button.

P.S. Is it also possible to restart a third party application using a script. I have a usb to ethernet converter and sometime i need to restart the application to get things going again

Comment

Hi Jon,
                  Lately HS is crashing without a special reason, I know you wrote several plugins, I already use the majority of them. I would like to start HS when it crashes, I was looking into Jon00StartHS but it will restart HS also if is running, any suggestions on how to accomplish it?

Thanks

Comment

If you have HSPro, the built in watchdog should suffice.

If not, you can try my watchdog download, however that does restart the PC.
                    Jon

Comment

Re: Restarting Homeseer

Thanks Jon, I don't have the pro but I will use your watchdog apps. There is any chance you could modify it to only restart HS without rebooting?
                      Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Unfortunately not. I used a 3rd party program to assist when it was written many years ago.

If Homeseer crashes completely and the process terminates, you can use something like Restartme to assist.
                        Jon

Comment

Re: Restarting Homeseer

Thanks Jon, it worked great, very much appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                          X