• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by travisdh View Post
    Hi Jon00,

Just wondering if this is going to be ported to HS3. I am very keen to monitor some of the processes on my system to be able to graph specific process utilization then respond accordingly if they are too high.

Are you likely to port this script to HS3 out of interest, or does the logging capability already exist in another of your HS3 scripts?

Thanks,
    Although you posted this under the wrong forum, just to let you know that I have started work on a HS3 version of Process Monitor similar to the HS2 Version. Like the HS3 version of Performance Monitor, this will run independently to HS3.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Yes, this will be ported and is on the list for conversion.

Leave a comment:

• travisdh
    replied
    Hi Jon00,

Just wondering if this is going to be ported to HS3. I am very keen to monitor some of the processes on my system to be able to graph specific process utilization then respond accordingly if they are too high.

Are you likely to port this script to HS3 out of interest, or does the logging capability already exist in another of your HS3 scripts?

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Unfortunately not. I do not know of a VB.NET method that could achieve this. Thinking about this, the restore is probably built in to Win 7's code.

Leave a comment:

• RBergquist
    replied
    Ability to Restore a program??

Wondering about ability to Restore a program under Windows 7.

Problem - I am running a third-party application (Davis WeatherLink) that stops responding on occasion (every 1 to 4 days). When this happens, the Win 7 process monitor shows it as "(Not Responding)". Manually, I highlight it on the task bar, right click and try to close it. Windows then displays a dialog box Click image for larger version

Name:	WeatherLank Hang Dialog.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	1162227 saying WeatherLink is not responding and offers the choice of "Try to restore the program." Choosing this gets the program going again 99% of the time and I see it as better solution than aborting the program and restarting as the program doesn't seem to lose any data.

I've got a script in HS to identify when this occurs and was wondering if your Process Control script could be extended to do a Restore instead of having to kill & restart the program.

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• Chak
    replied
    thanks,
    I will monitor for few days to see if this will happen...
    This is the status when all is okay.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    I would install it anyway and monitor hs.compatibility to see if memory usage or something else does show up differently when it crashes.

Leave a comment:

• Chak
    replied
    okay thanks.

There is no high CPU load or anything else visibile.
    The task manager will only show not responding.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    The Process/Application package can only ACT on processes.

You may be able to use my Process Monitoring Script to see if there is a value monitored (such as high CPU) which it can trigger on. The process/application script could then be called to kill the process.

Leave a comment:

• Chak
    replied
    @Jon,
    Sometimes my HS system will not respond and all the commands are queued
    When I look at the HS server in the taskmanager the HS 1.X Interface plugin in is showing not responding.
    After killing this task all the queued commands will be fired.

I like to detect this ASAP and like to kill the task and restart HS
    Can the detection done with Application/Process control?
    I'm already using your restart application.
    When I look at the processes the HS 1.X must be the hs_compatibility.exe

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    It's on my Homeseer site. Just click on my signature banner for access.

Leave a comment:

• coolgas
    replied
    And where is this package? I dont find any files here...

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Thanks...just what I like to here!

Makes my life easy too if they work as designed!

Leave a comment:

• ArbWare
    replied
    Jon,

Thank you very much for this (and other) scripts/plugins.

This application process script just worked the first time i tried it.

I have a backup program that is supposed to exit after completion.. but sometimes didn't... (and it won't allow two instances to run.)

I simply run this to kill the process 3 hours after i start a backup (my longest backup takes about 1 hour) .. and if the process is still running.. it kills it..

Again.. thanks...

It just works

Leave a comment:

• johnnybwis
    replied
    Yeah, my bad....thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X