X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? on Performance Monitor

Jon

Thanks again for your great products.

I have your performance monitor running and the " system commited memmory" seems to creep up from about 45% when HS first starts to about 69% a day or so later. Is this normal ? is system commited memmory supposed t keep on going up? What exactly is system commited memmory?

Thanks
    jjsmd@yahoo.com

I agree, these are some great plugins. I too, would really appreciate a pointer to what this stuff means... It's hard to look smart when the wife asks what they mean...

Tom
    Attached Files

Comment

If you look in the documentation, there is a brief summary for each metric.

System committed memory

The Commit Limit is an upper limit on the amount of virtual memory that can be allocated on your system. The Commit Limit is tied to the size of RAM and the amount space defined for paging files (and remember that paging files can and do expand the system looks like it may run short of virtual memory). The system committed memory reports Committed Bytes as a percentage of the Commit Limit.

In layman's terms, the higher the value reflects the amount of memory being allocated to applications/processes relative to the amount of RAM you have and the page file size.

This value will rise as Homeseer loads various .NET routines, scripts etc. It should however level out and lower again should the .NET garbage collector wish to kick in to recover memory.

If you are seeing values around 75% or higher, it is an indication that you do not have enough physical RAM for all the applications you are running on the PC.
      Jon

Comment

Jon00,

Thanks for the info. Looks like I need more memory...

Can you point me to the documentation of which you speak?

Thanks
        Tom

Comment

The zip file should have contained a word document file. Under the Jon00PerfMon.ini heading, look for the headings in red and the explanation beneath them.
          Jon

Comment

Jon,

Got it. Had to re-download the zip file. May I suggest that you add a /docs folder to the zip file. That way it would be less likely to be overlooked.

Thanks
            Tom

Comment

These would be a nice to have:

Free Memory - Physical and Virtual.
              Page File Size
              Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Working...
              X