Jon00 Mini-Bee & Relay-Bee Home Automation Controllers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Mini-Bee & Relay-Bee Home Automation Controllers

Homeseer 2 and Homeseer 3 versions available!

This script enables you control the 14 outputs of the Mini-Bee Home Automation Adaptor via Homeseer. This is a simple output device operated via a standard USB connection. Each output has a 350mA 50V Darlington switch which can be directly connected to small relays, lamps etc via a suitable power supply.

The outputs can be set individually or globally by a variety of methods via events and scripts.

This script emulates a plug-in functionality but only runs when required.

This should also work with the Relay-BeePlease note that only 1 board (of either type) is supported. You cannot use both at the same time on your system.

If you have any comments or suggestions, please post them here.

It is available for download from my site (click on the banner below).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jon00; November 10, 2013, 02:14 PM.
    Jon

V1.02 Released!

V1.02 has now been released.

Additional features now include the ability to change several things on the status page (per output channel) including:

Text on the on and off buttons.
    Text on the status column.
    Icons on the status column.

You can now optionally invert each output so if it indicates that it is 'on' it is actually 'off'.

This update also corrects an error to work with Homeseer versions greater than 2.0.76
    Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,
      I just ordered the maxibee - look forward to test the plugin.

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      This script enables you control the 14 outputs of the Mini-Bee Home Automation Adaptor via Homeseer. This is a simple output device operated via a standard USB connection. Each output has a 350mA 50V Darlington switch which can be directly connected to small relays, lamps etc via a suitable power supply.

The outputs can be set individually or globally by a variety of methods via events and scripts.

This script emulates a plug-in functionality but only runs when required.

This should also work with the Relay-BeePlease note that only 1 board (of either type) is supported. You cannot use both at the same time on your system.

If you have any comments or suggestions, please post them here.

It is available for download from my site (click on the banner below).
      Best,
      Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

How do I connect relays to the ordinary switching outputs (PL2) on the RelayBee?

Hi

I have a RelayBee controlling my house curtains. Having spent the weekend installing a motorised roller blind in the kitchen I've realised I don't have enough relays left to connect to in order to automate up/down control.

My electronics is basic at best, can someone tell me whether the attached pic is the way to connect to the PL2 outputs of the RelayBee or whether I need the adapter board: http://www.pc-control.co.uk/bee_driver_details.htm

I think I know the answer but a nudge in the right direction wouldn't hurt!

Thanks

David
        Attached Files

Comment

Assuming the 12v Supply you are taking from the board replaces the red battery, then yes that is fine. Just remember that the maximum output switching current is 500mA from PL2. This should be fine for most relay coils.
          Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon - the red battery in the pic is actually the 12v power supply I'm using to power the board. Still presume this is ok then?

Comment

Yes!
              Jon

Comment

Thanks very much.

Comment

Does anyone in the US sell these?

Thanks

Comment

Just one question about the mini-bee

If the board is disconnect while homeseer is running, will it automatically reconnect, reverting to its previous state or will homeseer have to be restarted?
                    I tried to use the velleman K8055 board, but when it is disconnected the only way to get it back is restarting homeseer
                    disabling/enabling the plugin with jon00 plugin's restart doesn't work
                    diasabling goes fine, enabling not; don't know why
                    tia

Comment

To be honest I do not know. I've never heard of anyone who has the board go offline.

From the sound of your question, your K8055 drops it's USB connection and does not re-connect again without a reboot. My plugin enable/disable utility would never work in this case as the physical connection has failed and the K8055 plugin assumes that no board is connected.
                      Jon

Comment

Maybe I have to explain better, the board is connect via usb over wifi and that works flawlessy, but sometimes i have to reboot the router or there are other reasons wifi is not available for a moment.
                        I like to have systems wich are as fail-safe as possible, I'm not always at home to reload things for people who don't understand
                        When the wifi-connection is re-established, the dll for the board is automatically reloaded again, demo software from the maker (velleman) can connect, but homeseer looses track without even any error report, in fact reporting that a relay has switched while it hasn't. I created a kind of watchdog script to see if the board is there, increment a timer, see if the timer is really incremented ie the board is functioning, if not unload the plugin and reload it. unloading the plugin with your script goes well, but loading it , after an delay, not.
                        As the velleman board is only supported with an older, not fully supported homeseer plugin i considered to go for the mini bee and your plugin
                        (thanks for the good work anyway !)
                        Could you do a simple test, disconnect the mini bee, reconnect it and see if Homeseer still sees it as before ?
                        Would be very grateful

To be very clear, I prefer to go the way of the mini bee and not the way of the velleman board

Comment

If you disconnect the board and then reconnect, the board will come back on-line, however each output is randomly on or off. There is no pattern to this.

You can set them back to their last state with a simple script call, however this may not be acceptable.
                          Jon

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply, yes that would be acceptable and the script wouldn't be that hard
                            Will buy, after the holiday season, a mini bee and try
                            thanks again

Comment

since MaxiBees are not available, how hard would it be to allow multiple MiniBees to work with this plugin?

I need at least 20 outputs.

Comment

Working...
                              X