Camera streaming page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    Right click on the camera page then and then select source. You should be able to find the URL in the code.
    Jon,

I did that. See post #12 above.

Tom

Comment

Could you post the source page please?
      Jon

Comment

Could you post the source page please?
        html.txt is posted in post #10 above.

Tom

Comment

Sorry,

Missed that as the source...anyway take a look here. Does this help?

http://www.crazypixels.com/support.htm
          Jon

Comment

Well, it DOES confirm that what I was trying to do is correct...but attached is what happens...

I have embeded the whole html in Jon00Control, and have that ugly black background. That black background is identical to the background that shows when viewing the camera's html directly. That's why I wanted to embed only the video stream.
            Attached Files

Comment

For some reason in my head, I thought you wanted the still image not the streaming image. Not a good day for me!

Try this html page on it's own:

PHP Code:
              <html><head>
              <
              STYLE TYPE='text/css'>
              <!-- 
              body    {

margin-top0;

margin-left0;

background-color #000000;
              }
              -->
              </
              STYLE>
              </
              head><body>
              <
              OBJECT ID=\"AxisCamControl\" CLASSID=\"CLSID:917623D1-D8E5-11D2-BE8B-00104B06BDE3\" WIDTH=\"640\" HEIGHT=\"480\" CODEBASE=\"/activex/AxisCamControl.cab#Version=2,23,0,0\">
              <PARAM NAME=DisplaySoundPanel VALUE=0>
              <PARAM NAME=URL VALUE=\"/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?camera=&resolution=640x480\">
              </OBJECT>
              </body></html> 
              Obviously, I have no means to try this.
              Jon

Comment

Jon,

I get a solid black page. Dont we need to refrerence the camera's ip address somewhere (192.168.100.20).
                Tom

Comment

If the page is stored in the axis directory structure it should be ok. This should be in the directory above "AxisCamControl"
                  Jon

Comment

Jon,
                    You obviously know more about this than I do... but...how could the stand alone html you posted know where to get the page from (e.g. what if I had 2 axis cameras on the intranet)? Surely it requires a "base url"...to tell it what server to request the page from??

I really do appreciate your help.

Tom

Comment

You are right but if the html page is in the same directory as the object that provides the streaming, it should still work for this test. I just wanted to make sure we got a streaming image.

Take this example:

PHP Code:
                      <html><head></head><body>
                      <
                      img src="powered.jpg">
                      </
                      body>
                      </
                      html
                      If you saved this as test.html in your HTML/Images/Homeseer directory and clicked on test.html, you would see the image. The same is true for the streaming object...I'm just not sure what directory it is in.
                      Jon

Comment

So what you are saying is this:

CLASSID=\"CLSID:917623D1-D8E5-11D2-BE8B-00104B06BDE3\

identifies the camera on the network?, and if I had 2 cameras, #2 would have a different classid?

Comment

Jon00, et al...

Did y'all get frustrated by this? I've been trying to do the same thing with my Linksys WVG54GC ip camera with similar results so far.

The exact link to the camera video stream im my case is:
                          http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/img/video.asf
                          Unfortunately, I get the same Open/Save option from IE. If I select Open, the file seems to simply download forever without ever displaying any video. Perhaps it's the asf stream throwing IE?
                          I've been playing with Videolan to try to convert the stream to another format but haven't quite got a handle on that program either. Is there a format I can use which IE might like? Videolan seems to be quite versatile in that respect.
                          I can embed the whole camera webpage within a page built with BuildPage but alas, this isn't what I need.

Additional: I can also access the cameras image as http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/img/mjpeg.cgi
                          Unfortunately, same results as above.
                          Last edited by Wadenut; May 19, 2008, 06:17 PM.
                          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Linksys WVG54GC Camera embedding code

Greg,

I know we have been discussing this behind the scenes but I thought I would publish the code I sent you and others here:

I was asked originally by another HS user if I could assist with embedding his LinkSys WVG54GC IP camera stream in my Touchscreen interface (or webpage builder). After Googling for a few hours, it appears that this camera is a bit of a pig to stream as Wadenut has explained. There appears no real solution as the actual Linksys web page uses an activeX control and Java script which only works with IE.

To get this working, all I have done is remove all the fluff from the original Linksys page leaving just the controls and display. This is aligned to the top left of the page so that it can be embedded in my packages or a Homeseer page using iFrames.

Attached is the mycam.html page I created. Unzip and place this in the Homeseer 2/html directory.

You will need to make a few alterations to get this to work.

1) Open up mycam.html in a text editor and do a search for http://youripaddress:1024 .Change this to suit your camera IP address or WAN IP address. There are several references to this so make sure all are changed.

2) With your existing camera page provided by linksys, right click on this in IE and view the source. Look for clsid:xxxxxx where the xxxxxx is a long string of numbers/letters. Copy this long string and use it to replace the clsid: D7208880-9B7A-43E1-AABB-8C888A5704F9 contained in mycam.html

If all is OK, the camera display and controls should show if this page is called in IE via the HS web server.

The controls are part of the activeX and therefore cannot be removed. That said, you can hide them by offsetting the page. To do this, open up mycam.html and find the line:

<div ID="vidDIV">

change this to:

<div style="position:absolute; top: 0px; left: -143px;" ID="vidDIV">

This will push the page to the left.

I hope this helps others with this problematic camera. Please note that this will ONLY work in IE.
                            Attached Files
                            Jon

Comment

Greg,
                              2) With your existing camera page provided by linksys, right click on this in IE and view the source. Look for clsid:xxxxxx where the xxxxxx is a long string of numbers/letters. Copy this long string and use it to replace the clsid: D7208880-9B7A-43E1-AABB-8C888A5704F9 contained in mycam.html
                              I'd like to add here that the Linksys page isn't actually "right clickable". I got around this my saving the open page from IE. File --> Save As (Web page complete)
                              Open the resulting file in notepad and search for the strings.
                              Thanks for the help Jon.
                              Last edited by Wadenut; May 25, 2008, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Can someone verify for me that my camera is indeed streaming? (5AM to 9 PM AST = daylight) I've tried to look in from work but I think the firewall there may be blocking me.
                                http://wadenut.dyndns.org --> Weather --> Local Conditions.

Comment

Working...
                                X