Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera streaming page

Hi all,

I'm Ben, just got homeseer a week ago. Been tinkering with it and wanting to integrate an DLINK IP camera webstream surveillance for my front yard, been trying to use the webcam plugin from HS2 to no avail.

I've seen camera pages from jon00's webpage and from trojan's and they are both exactly what i want, can anybody guide me how to build such a page ? I am quite new at this.

A million thanks and good job jon00.

Regards

Ben,

Welcome to the Homeseer forums.

If your web camera can be viewed/operated via a normal web browser, the simplest way would be just to embed that within a Homeseer page. If it does, we can take this further.
    Jon

Comment

Thanks for the welcome jon00!

i've figure out how to embed it into a html file.

However, how do i add this to my HS website?

I would like to put one on my status page (using your homepage builder).
      My intent is to build a camera status module like rupp's (http://12.202.216.71:81/)

In addition, a separate page w/ controls like yours.

Comment

You can easily serve any HTML page within Homeseer by just placing the page in the Homeseer 2/HTML directory and calling it like any other Homeseer web page.

Although that will give you the display, HTML gives very limited control functionality. You really need to move over to ASP or ASPX which allows server side processing. This gives you much more control of what you want to do.

Look at post 9 of this thread. See if you can embed your camera page using the example I have provided.
        Jon

Comment

Wow, Jon00 the iframes worked beautifully! Thanks!

Now i was wondering if i could incorporate the rstp streaming into the build page.

as shown in the picture. ( complements of rupps page)
          How do i create a new section for it ?
          and how do i "invoke" this streaming media ( i know how to embed it in html, but am not too sure how its done in asp )

Thanks... again

Comment

Ben,

Unfortunately you cannot embed frames with my page builder but... it's a great feature so I will add it to the next version. It should not take too long to do.
            Jon

Comment

jon00,
              Thanks so much for your help.
              I will be eagerly waiting.

Comment

1.05 is now available.
                Jon

Comment

Thanks jon00, will give it a go right now!
                  *me tips his hats and gives jon00 a pat.

Comment

I'm trying to embed the video only from my IP camera. I dont want to embed the whole html page that the camera serves. Is this possible?

I have attached the source of the camera's html.

Thanks in advance
                    Tom
                    Attached Files

Comment

What are you trying to embed it in?

If the Axis image is not loaded within the Homeseer 2/HTML folder or sub directories, you will not be able to get Homeseer to serve it directly.
                      Jon

Comment

Jon,

I have successfully put the web page into an HS web page via your suggestion in post #4 above. The problem is that this embeds the entire web page from the camera. I just want the video stream. I think the stream is /axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?camera=&resolution=640x480 (extracted from the .txt file attached above).

However if I put http://192.168.100.20/axis-cgi/mjpg/...lution=640x480 for the url, I get a "do you want to save the file video" message

Ultimately I want the video in Jon00Control, but I was trying to take baby steps and learn as I go...

Tom

Comment

Looking at the code, the current time is also appended to the URL.

The best thing to do would be to look at the camera page in IE and then right click on the image and look at it's properties. See if that gives the full URL.
                          Jon

Comment

Right click on the image does nothing....

Comment

Right click on the camera page then and then select source. You should be able to find the URL in the code.
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X