• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder why it works for Mikee123?

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...5&postcount=54
    Jon

Comment

I discovered that re-enabling the kodi proxy started my sonos tts entries in the log...I had previously disabled it because I was seeing double entries in your speak utility. and then after a reboot I had no sonos entries....mystery....to me

Comment

Originally posted by wadesready View Post
        I discovered that re-enabling the kodi proxy started my sonos tts entries in the log...I had previously disabled it because I was seeing double entries in your speak utility. and then after a reboot I had no sonos entries....mystery....to me
        So what state of play are we currently at?
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

So what state of play are we currently at?
          I get tts entries in the speak utility log for sonos, tablets, and hs3 default:all. but when I press the replay button, it shows the capi, but eventually I get an error from sonos that it timed out. on the default:all, it pops up the bubble note showing it spoke but there is no audio. Tablets,no replay audio.....I checked the speakers and they are working properly on the hs3 pc. in short, it looks like it does not like the <> or </> tag being empty.

Don't spend any more time on this on my account Jon. and thank you for all your effort. I can live with how it is at the moment. at least the speak utility captures the audio spoken and I can create a page on hstouch to see what was said if I don't hear it. In addition, Mike suggested playing a audio tone before the announcement to get my attention which seems to be working.... again thanks for all your effort Jon!

Comment

Regardless, I don't particularly like to leave things like this unfixed!

Would you please try V1.0.4 on my site to see if it resolves the issue.

Thanks,

Jon
            Jon

Comment

Regardless, I don't particularly like to leave things like this unfixed!

Would you please try V1.0.4 on my site to see if it resolves the issue.

Thanks,

Jon
              It appears to be working jon, good work! sonos and speak utility are playing well together.... One of my android tablets that I tested is doing double entries in the speak utility and it is speaking them on the tablet its self twice. Might be something to do with Kodi proxy I would guess. I will test it more to see what other speaker clients do double

Comment

Originally posted by wadesready View Post

It appears to be working jon, good work! sonos and speak utility are playing well together.... One of my android tablets that I tested is doing double entries in the speak utility and it is speaking them on the tablet its self twice. Might be something to do with Kodi proxy I would guess. I will test it more to see what other speaker clients do double
                Good to hear. Let me know how it goes with the double entries.
                Jon

Comment

I just installed the speak utility and am experiencing an issue when speaking to chromecast devices.

If I speak to all, then all devices are updated. When I speak to an HomeSeer Speaker client, the device and default:all is updated. However, when I speak only to a chromecast device, it does not update any of the devices.

I checked that the log is showing the speak event and the speaker name matches the device.

Code:
                  Works as expected: 
                      Speak ():Rain is expected, close the windows.
                      Speak (DATA:DEFAULT):Rain is expected, close the windows.

Does not update any device
                      Speak (CHROMECAST:GUEST SPEAKER):Rain is expected, close the windows.
                      Speak (CHROMECAST:DINNING SPEAKER,CHROMECAST:GUEST SPEAKER):Rain is expected, close the windows.
                  Any ideas? Could it be an issue with my device naming - because of the space that gets put in between the location and device name?

Comment

Did you add the Chromecast clients to the SPClientList entry in the ini file (page 2 in the docs)?
                    Jon

Comment

Did you add the Chromecast clients to the SPClientList entry in the ini file (page 2 in the docs)?
                      I did not, as the instructions say if they are not auto discovered, they were auto discovered. I did try adding them, it created additional Speak devices (duplicates by name). I completed the setup for the new devices, then triggered another speak but when I do it to one of the chromecast devices none of the Speak Utility devices were updated.

Comment

Sorry, not owning the Chromecast plugin, I was unaware they were auto discovered.

Are the Chromecast speak messages shown in the Homeseer log and if so, can you post a sample.
                        Jon

Comment

Yes the speak messages sent to chromecast devices are logged:
                          Code:
                          5/29/2020 11:57:28 AM HomeSeer TTS Speak (CHROMECAST:GUEST SPEAKER):Lets PARTY!
                          5/29/2020 11:56:55 AM HomeSeer TTS Speak ():Hello. This is a test.
                          5/29/2020 11:56:55 AM HomeSeer TTS Speak ():Hello. This is a test.
                          5/29/2020 11:55:33 AM HomeSeer TTS Speak (CHROMECAST:GUEST SPEAKER):Lets PARTY!
                          5/28/2020 6:24:15 PM HomeSeer TTS Speak (CHROMECAST:GUEST SPEAKER):Lets PARTY!
                          5/28/2020 6:19:57 PM HomeSeer TTS Speak (CHROMECAST:DINNING SPEAKER,CHROMECAST:GUEST SPEAKER):Rain is expected, close the windows.
                          5/28/2020 6:17:18 PM HomeSeer TTS Speak ():Rain is expected, close the windows.
                          5/28/2020 6:05:48 PM HomeSeer TTS Speak (CHROMECAST:GUEST SPEAKER):Rain is expected, close the windows.
                          5/28/2020 6:05:05 PM HomeSeer TTS Speak (DATA:DEFAULT):Rain is expected, close the windows.
                          Data: Default = HS Speaker Client

Comment

It looks like the issue is that you cannot have the word 'speaker' within the host name (as in Guest speaker)

Not sure why I have that as a condition but there must have been a reason when I wrote this.
                            Jon

Comment

That was it. I can't say it's ideal but I'm certain there was a good reason you did that. I just renamed them to the phonetic spelling, speeker.

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it and all that you have done.

Comment

Working...
                              X