Jon00 Homeseer Speak Utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Homeseer Speak Utility

Homeseer 2 and Homeseer 3 versions available!

This utility enables you to do several things with speech messages that have already been spoken by Homeseer through any of its speaker clients. It has the following features:

» Repeat spoken messages with options
    » Store the text spoken by individual speaker clients in parent/child virtual devices
    » Store the text spoken by all speaker clients in parent/child virtual devices
    » Trigger events/scripts if a change is detected in any client to update hardware (signs etc) or software
    » Attempts to group speech as single message as originally spoken
    » Automatically creates new virtual devices each time a new speaker client is connected
    » Automatically waits until Homeseer stops speaking should it be run during this time

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jon00Speak0.png
Views:	245
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	1389408
    Last edited by jon00; May 29, 2020, 05:00 AM.
    Jon

Wow!

Another home run Jon! This is really gonna come in handy with my touchscreen setup. Having the ability to log the spoken phrases into a device and display that info on my touchscreens through out the house is something I've been wanting for some time now.

I run different instances of the speaker client now so it was a snap to setup one more. So now I can send just the announcements I want displayed to that instance but leave it out for the ones I don't need displayed.

Looking forward to having the time to play with this some more (2 days off for New Years ).

Thanks again for all you do!
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Thanks...let me know how you get on. If there are no problems I will take it out of beta soon.
      Jon

Comment

I've had quite a few downloads for this without a single comment. Can I assume everything is working for those of you using this?

I want to take it out of beta.
        Jon

Comment

Somehow, I missed this. I have been looking for a way to re-announce spoken messages for a while now. I'm going to try it out and see how it works, but it sounds like it will fit the bill nicely.
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I installed this, seems to work just fine so far.

This script will solve the problem of "what did it just say?" I get that a lot because of watching a movie or something.

One thing I noticed is that it's just 1 virtual device per speaker client. This looks great in the homeseer webpages, but I'm not sure how I'm going to get that data over to mainlobby and have it displayed properly on my touchscreens. I haven't tried anything yet either so no big deal. Maybe what I really want to do is have the log file parsed and insert the last 10 lines (selectively excluding ones that are unimportant) over on mainlobby with virtual devices. (sorry for my brain leakage)

Again! another great script by Jon!

Thanks a ton!
            Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Remember that you can use the Script SpeakTrigger1.txt or SpeakTrigger1.vb to pass the data from a speaker client to anything else that supports scripting.
              Jon

Comment

Working great here, Jon. No problems at all...
                HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks. I'm trying that now.

I'm trying to do just that, and it's weird. I remember the first time the ini file looked good after I ran it (meaning there was a bunch of stuff in it), and now it looks like it did when I first installed the script.

PHP Code:
                  [Settings]
                  UseVirtualDevices=1
                  HN
                  =50
                  HL
                  =S
                  CheckClientUse 

[default:default]
                  IniListSize=10
                  ScriptName

So that's the entire ini file. The webpage shows the correct last spoken stuff. I'm unable to get it from the ini file, since it's not there. Any ideas as to what might be happening?

Thanks.

Joe
                  Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Nevermind that, It was there, it was just several pages of blank space down in notepad before I got to it.

Sorry, false alarm.
                    Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

Hello Jon,

When I set the number of entries stored in the virtual device to 5 (instead of 10), it shows the last five alright, but then goes on to show rows 6), 7), 8), 9) and 10). Even though there's no content for rows greater than 5. Is there someway to eliminate the unused lines? The reason I ask, is that I display this device in your Quick View page.

Best regards,

Todd
                      -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
                      HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

I will check this when I get back home from work but what happens if you set the ini file limit to 5?
                        Jon

Comment

Jon,

Here's a screen image.

Thanks,
                          Attached Files
                          -Todd

HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Hmmm...I'm not sure what is wrong. I've just tried it here and it is only displaying 5 values.

Can you make sure that both the following values in the ini for that speaker client are set to 5 i.e.

VDListSize=5
                            IniListSize=5
                            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                              Hmmm...I'm not sure what is wrong. I've just tried it here and it is only displaying 5 values.

Can you make sure that both the following values in the ini for that speaker client are set to 5 i.e.

VDListSize=5
                              IniListSize=5
                              Jon,

I hadn't changed the VDListSize parameter.

Thanks, it's working perfectly now.
                              -Todd

Comment

Working...
                              X