Jon00 Homeseer Speak Utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
    Jon, this may be a stretch, but what would it be possible to control homeseer by voice using your iphone. Especially since there is already a bluetooth connection shouldn't this be possible. I guess an iphone app would also have to be developed...
    This is really simple to do, have a look at the Way2Call and HS Phone elsewhere on this forum. You use that to pick up the calls, and use Voice Recognition to run your HS events. I don't use it much now since HSTouch made it much more reliable to run things remotely, but have been able to phone home to turn on heating, or use keytones to run HomeSeer events for at least 5 years.

Comment

Hey Jon,
      Any chance of getting this moved over to HS3? Been looking for a way to keep a last 10 list in a device. I used to have a script but for the life of me I can't find it!

Thanks.
      Bryan
      Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
      Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

It is on the list but I cannot give you a date (summer is here!)
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          It is on the list but I cannot give you a date (summer is here!)
          Hey Jon...is this on the radar yet? Just curious!
          Bryan
          Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
          Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

It is next on the list.....
            Jon

Comment

I've (finally) got around to updating this to work with HS3.

Here is a summary:

Jon00 Speak Utility for Homeseer 3
              Attached Files
              Jon

Comment

Thanks! Now to find time to play...
                Bryan

Comment

Hi Jon,

Thanks for making this available. I downloaded it and am trying it out, but get an error message in the log:

Code:
                  Nov-05 9:53:35 PM	 	Jon00_Speak	Error within Sub Main at block 5B (startIndex cannot be larger than length of string. Parameter name: startIndex)
                  Nov-05 9:53:34 PM	 	Event	Running script in background: c:/program files/homeseer hs3/scripts/Jon00SpeakHS3.vben
                  Nov-05 9:53:18 PM	 	TTS	Speak: ():Test 1 2 3
                  Any ideas?

Also, I use the SqueezeBox plugin as my speech proxy. Since its speaker clients don't register as regular speaker clients, would it be possible to manually add each of its speaker clients to the INI file so that devices get created for them. Here's an example of a log entry for a specific client:

Code:
                  Nov-05 9:57:42 PM	 	TTS	Speak: (LMS:Master Bedroom 1):Test 1 2 3
                  Thanks
                  Al
                  HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Al,

It looks like the SqueezeBox plugin messages are not consistent with the standard speaker client messages.

Can you send me an email and I'll work offline with you to get this and the manual entries resolved.
                    Jon

Comment

Al,

It looks like the SqueezeBox plugin messages are not consistent with the standard speaker client messages.

Can you send me an email and I'll work offline with you to get this and the manual entries resolved.
                      Thanks Jon, email sent.

Cheers
                      Al

Comment

I've sent you an updated version to try.
                        Jon

Comment

I've sent you an updated version to try.
                          Thanks Jon, will try it when I get home.

Cheers
                          Al

Comment

The version I sent Al seems to be working so I have now released V1.0.1.
                            Jon

Comment

Yes, working great. Thanks again Jon!

Cheers
                              Al

Comment

Hi Jon,

I discovered an issue where speech directed to one client ends up being shown under all clients. Let me know if you need me to capture any info. Also, is the intent that speech sent to all clients is shown under each client or only under default:all? It's being shown under each client.

Thanks
                                Al

Comment

Working...
                                X