Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wadesready
    replied
    jon I have a problem with the speak utility not repeating the message. the utility records the speech into the virtual devices properly, but when I click the speak button associated with the virtual device I hear nothing. I see the following log below and then in a couple of minutes it fails. Knowing me I failed at setting something right...can you point me in the right direction?

I also tried to use a replacement variable to speak the string but it fails also...could be something with sonos?

Jul-25 7:19:42 PM Sonos Error Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 120 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.
    Jul-25 7:18:32 PM Device Control Device: Utility Jon00 Speak $SONOS$ALL$:* [1] to Speak (Execute Script) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Jul-25 7:18:32 PM TTS Speak: ($SONOS$ALL$:*):<>The time is 7:17 PM

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Thanks Jon, how about potentially an option to "hard-code" clients to specific addresses?

Cheers
    Al

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    That won't work either as each time you add a manual entry, it will push the automatic devices down and cause similar issues.

I'll have to have a think about this....

I'll correct the other issue on the next update.

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    The script will always check for new speaker clients and then put them into an array. The manual entries are then added to the end which I then loop through. It looks like the new speaker clients have allocated to the old manual devices and created new ones as they have been pushed down the array.

I don't have an easy solution for this one.
    Thanks Jon, would it be possible in a future update to have the manual devices added to the array first or alternately give an option to do so?

Thanks
    Al

PS saw a very minor issue. I noticed that all of the device addresses have a leading zero, except for the 9th device: Jon00-SP9 (the others are Jon00-SP01, Jon00-SP02, etc.)

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    The script will always check for new speaker clients and then put them into an array. The manual entries are then added to the end which I then loop through. It looks like the new speaker clients have allocated to the old manual devices and created new ones as they have been pushed down the array.

I don't have an easy solution for this one.

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Looking at the ini file, the script had previously created devices with HSAddress=Jon00-SP02. When it discovered the HS Touch speaker client today, it reused Jon00-SP02 for the new HS Touch client and then created new devices using Jon00-SP12 for the manually added devices that were previously using Jon00-SP02.

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Hi Jon,

Let me clarify. The script created Jon00 Speak devices a couple of months ago for the speech clients that I manually added to the INI file. Today, when HS Speak clients were discovered when I added a couple of HS Touch clients, the script auto-discovered those and automatically added Jon00 Speak devices for those. So far all good. However, it also added new Jon00 Speak devices for the ones that were added a couple of months ago, resulting in duplicate devices.

Thanks
    Al

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    I'm not sure I undestand. The script will create devices/settings for every speaker client it finds. This is because you could send speech to individual clients.

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Hi Jon,

Started playing around with HS Touch today and when its speaker clients were auto-discovered, the Speak Utility recreated a number of the devices for the speech clients that were manually added to the ini file. Seems to happen each time a new speech client is discovered. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Al

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Thanks Al

V1.0.2 has been posted.

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Thanks Jon, that resolved it.

Cheers
    Al

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    I found the error, try the latest I sent you via email.

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Thanks Jon, one example is the one I sent you yesterday. It shows up under each client. I have other examples directed at other clients if needed.

Thanks
    Al

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    If you send speech to all clients, it will be shown under default:all and all of the other real clients. If you send speech to one client, it will be shown under default:all and the client in question.

Default:all is just a virtual client to capture speech wherever it is sent.

Can you please post the log line for the speech you sent to a particular client which shows up on all.

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Hi Jon,

I discovered an issue where speech directed to one client ends up being shown under all clients. Let me know if you need me to capture any info. Also, is the intent that speech sent to all clients is shown under each client or only under default:all? It's being shown under each client.

Thanks
    Al

Leave a comment:

Working...
X