Now in development...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now in development...

...This is the first screen shot of my new HS control web page builder which I have been working on over the last few days.

As the name suggests, it allows you to design unlimited web pages with input buttons that can control Homeseer events, scripts & X10 without any HTML programming skills. Like my Quickview builder application, it is configured by an INI file per page designed.

This has been written using ASP/Java/XML. Once the page has been loaded in either IE or Mozilla, there are no page refreshes if any of the buttons are pressed. In addition, the display will provide real-time updates of devices (or anything you want) so you know the action has been completed!

Button design is via a style sheet and unlimited designs can be added. I'm currently looking for free web buttons at the moment.

Each button created has the following actions:
    1) Trigger an event, script ,X10 or URL
    2) Show what will be on line1 of the display (if anything)
    3) Show what will be on line2 of the display (if anything)

There is an optional menu bar (top or bottom of the screen) which can be defined the same as the buttons on the main page.

The optional display can show a mixture of text and devices (devicestring,devicevalue,devicestatus) and also time and date. It can also show a real-time clock. It has automatic scrolling facility so you can read large strings if you wish. You can define multiple devices to be displayed on a single line.

I still have lots to do but thought I would wet some appetites! This is probably one of the hardest scripts I have written.

The main reason for writing this was to use on my Nokia N800. I have to say it works fantastically on this device (and looks nice too). It will work on a iPhone.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jon00; October 1, 2008, 12:10 PM.
    Jon

[quote=jon00;800334]........ I would wet some appetites! This is probably one of the hardest scripts I have written.[quote]Wetsome appetites!

Keep going Sir, it looks brilliant.
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Looks good.

Brian

Comment

My appetite is dripping all over the place

This would be awesome for the Nokia N800 !

Joel

Comment

just got a n810 and am anxious to try your script.

tenholde
          tenholde

Comment

Wow Jon, that looks great.

Can't wait to take it for a spin!
            Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

looks great.

Will the application also run on PocketPC's with Pocket IE?

Like the HTC X7501 (5" touch screen)
              http://www.htc.com/product/03-product_x7501.htm

Chak

Comment

Wow, it seems great !
                Do you think it can work on a Stylistic 1000 with IE4 ?? It would be great with his touchscreen !

Comment

Thanks for the interest. It's difficult for me to tell you what it will and will not work on but I suspect that if the browser is Java-script enabled then you can use it to operate Homeseer as it was intended.

The display will only work with Mozilla and IE but this can be hidden within the settings for other browsers so it is still useful.

I have tested this with IE5 on my old Fujitsu Point 510 and it's works great with that.

I've been working today so not much progress except I think that I have fixed most of the bugs.

I've still got the documentation to do and also find some decent buttons to distribute (and configure). The square buttons I have used in the screen shot are under a licence so cannot use them easily (officially). The buttons shown are 80 X 80 in PNG format and ideal size when used for a touchscreen. If anyone can direct me to a site with good free & license free buttons of similar size or wish to assist me by creating some cool buttons (graphics never my strong point), it would be appreciated!
                  Jon

Comment

If you want I can help with any buttons you want. Let me know , color, shape, effects, ect ect
                    Tim
                    Attached Files
                    FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by fungun View Post
                        If you want I can help with any buttons you want. Let me know , color, shape, effects, ect ect
                        Tim
                        Tim, thanks for the offer. I'm just looking at a range of buttons all the same size (80 x 80) and style but different colours. Something with smooth bevelled edges with shadowing?? It would be used as a starter pack to distribute with the package. Hopefully as time progresses and people find their own designs/buttons etc they can share these too.

Attached is one of the buttons - I think they look rather cool for touchscreen use. Something similar?
                        Attached Files
                        Jon

Comment

Jon,
                          What do you think of this.
                          http://www.domoticaforum.eu/uploaded...oPageSmall.jpg

they are dynamic also the button text will change.

Comment

Looks like a Pronto Pro screen!

I have actually got some buttons together so that a beta trial can start within the next few days (or so).

If you want to be a beta tester please send me an email requesting to be one with a return address that can accept attachments. Requests to be a beta tester on this forum will be ignored. My email address is in my profile (Download my vCard)

To be a beta tester you must agree to the following:

1) Provide feedback including bugs/enhancements/likes/dislikes etc
                            2) Have the necessary time to configure the package to make your own design.
                            3) Understand that the beta is time limited and only work correctly on IE and Mozilla/Firefox browsers.

Please note that I will not respond to any email (unless you have other questions) until the beta is ready.

Writing and putting this all together has so far been very time consuming!
                            Jon

Comment

Here is a screenshot of the new design buttons. This shows a high density of buttons but all 38 are definable to control Homeseer actions!

On my N800, there is no problem with operating each button with a finger.
                              Attached Files
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X