Newbie asking for advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie asking for advice

Hello, Jon, I am really new at all this but, Iam very interested in having the multiple email announcement that your program provides, But I think this over my head. I haven't downloaded your program yet, but can you tell me what requirements I need to have in order to download the program. What I would like to have with your program is to check 2 email accounts that I have one from Yahoo and the other for Googles. I think I read in your site that you can hear the senders name,subject title and even read whats on the email itself. Am I mistaking this??? Is it complicated to setup?? I have HS2.2 is there any problem with that? If any body would like to add to these question please feel free in doing so..
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

can you tell me what requirements I need to have in order to download the program.
    A computer connected to the internet

Jon always includes a very good write-up on how to install and configure his scripts / plugins.

Comment

Hector,

Setting up email accounts is very easy (please read the docs) however the problem is your Gmail account. This uses something called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) for receiving emails and is not directly supported either by Homeseer or this package.

There are ways around this but require additional software to be installed and not easy to configure. If you have 2 Yahoo accounts, things would be much simpler.
      Jon

Comment

Is there any problems with Hotmail accounts?
        Hector
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Hector,

You can only use mail accounts that have a POP3 connection. To use Hotmail, I believe you need a premium account to access their POP3 servers.
          Jon

Comment

How can I find out when a specific account is POP3 connected ? In other how can I known when a email account is POP3?
            Is there list on the net where you can known who using pop3?
            Hector
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

POP3 is a method to receive emails from the mail server. Many free accounts only allow you to view/send emails via a web interface and therefore not POP3 enabled.

If you can set up the details in Outlook/Outlook Express and works, this is normally POP3 i.e. if you enter mail.xxx.xxx or Pop.xxx.xxx in the setup, then these are POP3 accounts.
              Jon

Comment

Jon

Ive been reading the instructions on the program and I would like to ask, when its says that it can annouce the sender adress,message subject,and message body (especialy message body) this means that the program will read (speak) whats writen in the email message itself? And when its says that you can reannouce, How can you invoke that feature thru VR?
                Hector
                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Jon

Comment

Jon thanks for your patience w/me, so far all working accordingly, the only thing I notice is that when the program checks my email, and Ive already read and deleted previous emails, it responds with the total of new email received and the one I read and deleted. example:

last night I had 12 emails, after reading them I deleted them. This morning I sent myself 1 email and waited for the response. Them its said that I had 13 emails and one of them being new.

My question is, why does he remembers the deleted emails? and how do I correct this?
                    Hector
                    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

How are you deleting your emails?
                      Jon

Comment

If your are asking if aim deleting my email thru outlook on my HS machine then the anwer is no. The way aim currently doing it is going to the IP web page and viewing it there. (thru a other PC). Since my HS is in a closet its much easyer for me. But now that I have you program installed this is going to change. I am doing it wrong rigth????
                        Hector
                        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Hector,

My script does NOT need Outlook running on your PC. You also need to go to setup/email tab and make sure that "Check E-Mail" is set to No and "Use MAPI for Email" is set to No

Viewing an email on my web mail page does not delete it from the mail server. You have to press the delete email icon for that message which then asks you to confirm the delete. If you press yes, then the email is deleted forever.

I hope that makes sense.
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                            Hector,

My script does NOT need Outlook running on your PC. You also need to go to setup/email tab and make sure that "Check E-Mail" is set to No and "Use MAPI for Email" is set to No

Viewing an email on my web mail page does not delete it from the mail server. You have to press the delete email icon for that message which then asks you to confirm the delete. If you press yes, then the email is deleted forever.

I hope that makes sense.
                            Jon

I certainly have the checkemail and use mapi for email off. What I think I dont have is that page where you have all of the accesorys and buttons that you mention. I think I dont have all the program installed, I read something that says you have to add a link to your web ....something ,but I dont really understand what its asking me. Can you clearify that part for me.
                            Hector
                            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Jon can you explain to me how do I get to this part of the software?
                              Hector
                              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
                              X