QuickView question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QuickView question

I want to add weather information in the QuickView from the weatherxml script. How can I do this? For instance, what would I type in the field below?

Column1Section1-1Right=

Is is in the config file somewhere?

Are you talking about a list of virtual devices from WeatherXML as shown here? http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=309
    Jon

Comment

Do I need to create vitual devices for all items I want to insert into Quick View? Does the help in HS explain how to do this?

Sorry for the elementary question.

Comment

If you can see the information in the Homeseer status pages then there are already virtual devices created for this. If you take the example shown, the virtual device W23 would show the data highlighted.
        Attached Files
        Jon

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. I mean I dont have any virtual devices in my status page. How would I create one?

Thanks.

Comment

If this is for WeatherXML, I believe it is done from the WeatherXML setup pages. As I do not use it, I cannot give you any detailed help here.
            Jon

Comment

WeatherXML creates lots of devices, you can use any of them to show in jon's asp builder. For example if you had this in the ini file you would get the current temperature as reported by the weather xml package in column 1 section 2

Column1Section2-2Left=Temperature
              Column1Section2-2Right=DeviceW1
              Marty
              ------
              XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
              Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Thanks. I understand now.

I have another question. In the instructions for Quick View, there is an example that shows a column for the weather status. There are images in each line item before the status of that line is show. For instance, the wind row shows a picture and then it displays the wind reading. How would I display both an image and the text? would I use the below format:

http://www.image.com,DeviceW1

Also, where did you get these images?

Comment

Justin,

A virtual device can be programmed to have an image and/or a text area, however it is up to the programmer of a plugin/script to decide how he/she wishes this is formatted. WeatherXML is formatted in the style you see.

The examples you describe are from my NOAA and/or BBC weather scripts that do provide both the icon & text in each device.
                  Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon. Thats helpful.

Comment

I have the weatherxml script running and am using that weather info on my quick view. Its working correctly, but is displaying more information than I want. For instance, on the Current Temperature line, I just want it to say the temperature, not everything else that is displayed (see attached image). HOw can I change this? Should I use a different source? Thanks.
                      Attached Files

Comment

It might be easier if you have an additional source. The NOAA weather is idea for this. I know several people on this board use both.
                        Jon

Comment

I added these lines to my weathercom_xml.txt file, that someone helped me with, Rupp i think, so i could use them for other things as well. It might work for you too. X-19 i use to show the current temp, and x-20 i sometimes use in a value change event.

hs.SetDeviceString "x19", strCurrentTemp & "°F", True
                          hs.SetDeviceString "x20", strCurrentTemp & "", True
                          hs.SetDeviceValue "x20", strCurrentTemp

Not being much of a scripter at all i remember it having something to do with the difference between a string and a value. Anyway it works for me, you of course will have to pick whatever devices you want to add to and make the approaite change.
                          Marty
                          ------
                          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                          Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Sorry for all the questions. If I use the NOAA website, how do I take the info off the website and put it in quick view?

Comment

Go to my site and download the NOAA weather script. Follow the instructions and it will provide the necessary virtual devices.
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X