2 Email related Q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Email related Q's

I just started using the Email plug-in and it is great! Very easy to configure and it has a ton of features. Can I use the itunes plug in with the email instead of the media player plugin. Since all my songs are on itunes, I want it to be able to pause when emails are being read to me. Also, what can I use for a remote speaker application if I want to hear the emails read to me when I am using a remote computer?

Thanks

I also have a quickview question. Just recently my HS status column has not been working. It says "Name not found" on each row. I've provided the text portion below:

***** Column 2 Section 4 *****
    Column2Heading4="System Status"
    Column2Heading4SpacerTop=5
    Column2Heading4SpacerBottom=3
    Column2Section4Spacer=1
    Column2Section4WidthLeft=150
    Column2Section4-1Left=User logged in:
    Column2Section4-1Right=BPVar05
    Column2Section4-2Left=Remote IP Address:
    Column2Section4-2Right=BPVar04
    Column2Section4-3Left=Homeseer Version:
    Column2Section4-3Right=BPVar01
    Column2Section4-4Left=Homeseer Uptime:
    Column2Section4-4Right=BPVar02
    Column2Section4-5Left=Homeseer Memory Used:
    Column2Section4-5Right=BPVar16
    Column2Section4-6Left=Homeseer Scripts Running:
    Column2Section4-6Right=BPVar17
    Column2Section4-7Left=Total Devices:
    Column2Section4-7Right=BPVar22
    Column2Section4-8Left=Total Events:
    Column2Section4-8Right=BPVar23
    Column2Section4-9Left=Plugins Installed:
    Column2Section4-9Right=BPVar21
    Column2Section4-10Left=Operating System:
    Column2Section4-10Right=BPVar18
    Column2Section4-11Left=LAN IP Address:
    Column2Section4-11Right=BPVar13
    Column2Section4-12Left=WAN IP Address:
    Column2Section4-12Right=BPVar14

Comment

I added the media player muting a couple of years ago as a feature request. Things have moved on and there are now so many plugins available that supporting these would be a hard task.

The package does support the Speakeasy plugin tags so you should be able to use that. Please do not ask how as I am not a user of said plugin.

A remote speaker client can be run on any windows PC connected to your network or Internet. Every speaker client connected will mirror what is said by Homeseer unless you specifically direct speech to it. The email package allows you to do this if you wish.

I'm not sure what version of Homeseer you are using but the speaker client application must match the version you are using. For V2.0.66 you can download it from http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=123980

As for your quickview question, you obviously did not revisit the thread we had regarding the error in the log. We need to find out which parameter is causing the error. Because some of the parameters are not supported in earlier versions of Homeseer, I would like you to be on V2.0.66 before we continue.
      Jon

Comment

Thanks for the replay Jon. I did read your respnse to the error log and it worked. I don't receive the error message anymore. The problem I am refering to above just happened recently. The HS status was working up till about 3 days ago and now its not working. Also, I am running the latest HS - 2.0.66

Comment

Are you sure? My last post was this: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=28
          Jon

Comment

oops, I was reading another post that you responded to. If you have a chance to help me with this, I would appreaciate it. I can send you the config file if needed.

Thanks Jon

Comment

I will help you but I'm finding it difficult getting answers from you. Can you tell me what version of Homeseer you are running? If it is not 2.0.66 or later, can you please upgrade.
              Jon

Comment

I'm sorry for the miscommunication. I noted the HS version I was running on a prior post - 2.0.66

Comment

OK,

Could you PM with me your email address (or send an email directly to me - download my Vcard in my profile) and I will send you a debug version. I cannot do this until tomorrow at the earliest.
                  Jon

Comment

Working...
                  X