X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APC PowerChute Monitor

Hi:
    I just installed this script and can not get it to get past this line:

3/14/2008 1:29:57 AM - Error - Scripting runtime error: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\APC\APC PowerChute Personel Edition\Datalog'.

My version of PowerChute does have a folder "personel edition" but there is no Datalog file in that folder. I have changed the .ini file to the path listed but I am not to friendly with scripts, and I don't know how or if I can open the vb file or if that is where my problem lies,,, still in learn mode lol

Any help would be appreciated ,,,

The script only supports the APC business edition. If you changed the path to the personal edition it will not work.

I believe you can download the business edition for free on the APC site.
    Jon

Comment

The Business edition is $ 225, not what I need for a hobby,,, will find something else to monitor my UPS, thanks

Comment

The Business Edition Delux may be that cost but I think you will find that the basic version is free.

You may have to register but it can be downloaded from http://www.apcc.com/tools/download/s...05&swfam=&tsk=
        Jon

Comment

Guys,

what is the latest on this? I have been investigating since I also have a APC with Personal edition of PowerChute... it looks like the business edition will not work with the supplied RJ45 to USB cable - it needs a serial cable, and if using this, it will provide less information to the PC than with the standard USB connection.

Could anyone please comment on this?

Cheers
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548| Plug-Ins Enabled: Sonos 3.1.0.57, RFXCOM 30.0.0.45, X10 3.0.0.62, IPThermostat 3.4.5.0, Pushover 3P 0.0.0.54, Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206, Z-Wave 3.0.10.0, BLML2HS 2.0.28.0, mcsMQTT 6.12.4.0, Insteon 3.0.7.19​​ | Win 7 32-bit | Intel Atom D2550 @ 1.86GHz 4GB RAM

Comment

I had an issue getting the business APC monitor to work with my UPS, and ended up writing an apcupsd script, based on Jon00's APC script.

It might be worth a try, and can be found here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=126179

Comment

Boots,

thanks for the tip. I will have a try and let you know how it goes. By the, what APC unit are you using?

Cheers
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548| Plug-Ins Enabled: Sonos 3.1.0.57, RFXCOM 30.0.0.45, X10 3.0.0.62, IPThermostat 3.4.5.0, Pushover 3P 0.0.0.54, Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206, Z-Wave 3.0.10.0, BLML2HS 2.0.28.0, mcsMQTT 6.12.4.0, Insteon 3.0.7.19​​ | Win 7 32-bit | Intel Atom D2550 @ 1.86GHz 4GB RAM

Comment

UPS Model: Back-UPS ES 350

Comment

OK, I have a APC - Back-UPS CS 650VA - 230 V - Kit - wonder if it will work as well... I'll keep you posted.

In your other thread, you mentioned wanting live data, do you still want it? From a device like the one I have?

Comment

Originally posted by pyspilf View Post
                    Guys,

what is the latest on this? I have been investigating since I also have a APC with Personal edition of PowerChute... it looks like the business edition will not work with the supplied RJ45 to USB cable - it needs a serial cable, and if using this, it will provide less information to the PC than with the standard USB connection.

Could anyone please comment on this?

Cheers
                    I do not own a APC UPS but my Belden UPS can be used both on USB or serial. Using either method, the UPS provides full information about itself to the PC.

Is your statement about less info via a serial connection based on fact or were you asking this as a question?
                    Jon

Comment

I had been reading about serial vs USB connection of APC devices on another forum, and there was some discussion around the fact that the serial connection is meant for the business edition of the PowerChute software, and to go likewise with business "line" of products. The residential range appears to be well matched to a USB connection and the Personal edition of PowerChute - not my direct experience, I have read about it.

I only have a USB connection and before changing it for a serial connection + uninstalling the personal edition, registering, downloading, installing the business edition, etc. I wanted to understand if it was worth it.

So, I was looking for someone's experience of using an APC product initially connected via USB with the personal PowerChute, subsequently migrated to the Business edition, to share with me how it went...

Not sure if this answers your question...

Comment

No, that's fine.

I modified my Belkin Powerchute script to work with the APC Business edition software after someone asked me if I could help them. As I did/do not have a APC UPS, all functionality and feedback of the published APC script was via this person.
                        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by pyspilf View Post
                          In your other thread, you mentioned wanting live data, do you still want it? From a device like the one I have?
                          Please. Your UPS may report some values mine does not.

Comment

Boots, as soon as I get round to implementing it (weekend home...) you'll be the first one to get the data ;-)

Comment

I just installed - I am running 7.04 Business Edition. There is no file called datalog in the specified directory?

Comment

Working...
                              X