Control Touchscreen display question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control Touchscreen display question

I am trying to build a display box that shows the current state of all of my audio zones, whats playing in each zone, etc.

I am looking at the example file, specifically Jon00Control3.ini. I see that I can display multiple lines of text by creating an html table.

Is this the only way to create a multi-line (greater than two lines) display?

Thanks.

The original design of this project was just to provide a 2 line display. The use of HTML tables provides a way to increase the size with correct formatting.

If you just want to add new lines then you can use the standard HTML break command i.e.

PHP Code:
    Button1-1Line1=<devicestring b1><br><devicestring b2><br><devicestring b3
    Jon

Comment

Any plans to add support for more lines. The only downside to this approach is that I have to update all lines at the same time. Thanks.

Comment

There are no plans to provide more lines on the display but I cannot see this as a problem. If nothing has changed then you will not see this?

The next version has the ability to insert up to 20 AJAX tag areas which include the title, button heading and button description text. These too will all be updated simultaneously.
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          If nothing has changed then you will not see this?
          Not sure what you mean here? Thanks.

Comment

You can define several display action tags to the display either on a single line or multiple lines by using the HTML table method etc.

When the display is updated, everything is refreshed with new information. If nothing has changed then obviously you will not see this.

I'm not sure what functionality you want with more lines??
            Jon

Comment

It works great, it is just a question of efficiency. I have constructed a 7 line table that has all information about a given audio zone. When the track information changes I have to rewrite the entire table in order to update this one line. Not a big deal. I am only just beginning to play with this but I can see you have given it a lot of thought.

One feature request - the Script action only allows two parameters, the subroutine and a parameter. Some of my scripts have 3 and 4 parameters. I am getting around this by creating specific events but this will get quite cumbersome. Adding the ability to do more parameters would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
                One feature request - the Script action only allows two parameters, the subroutine and a parameter. Some of my scripts have 3 and 4 parameters. I am getting around this by creating specific events but this will get quite cumbersome. Adding the ability to do more parameters would be great.
                It's a shame that I have just released the next version (see the main thread - you may like the new features!)

As with the old VBScript scripts, can you not just use a delimiter to separate the parameters?

i.e for the parameter field: "parm1;parm2;parm3"

You then split this within the script using the semicolon as the delimiter.
                Jon

Comment

I can do what you suggest - I would need to go through all of the procedure calls in other scripts and fix this. Is it something I could fix myself by poking around in the code?

Comment

I probably wasn't as clear as I could have been in my previous post. What I mean't was could I poke around in your code and add in the additional parameters. That would save me a huge amount of time. I don't know how the distribution works, if it is compiled or not? Thanks.

Comment

The files are encrypted. Scripts are actually run through a temporary event to make use of the multi-threaded nature of Homeseer as this prevents delays caused by the web interface.

There is a problem also in that you cannot pass more than one parameter to a txt script which some people use. I'll take a look at this later in the week to see what I can do.
                      Jon

Comment

Much obliged.

Comment

Hi, I have more questions. As I get more familiar with the scripting language I am of course uncovering more questions! Just installed the latest version 1.05.

First thing is background image in display. It doesn't appear to be working for me.

I have:

Backgroundimagepath=/images/mycontrol/display/back1.jpg

I should be getting the background with the white dots. I am getting a solid back background. I have no Backgroundcolor set and I also tried adding in Backgroundrepeat=repeat for good measure. Still nothing.

Next a question. I have a plug-in to J.River Media Center. One of the things it does is grab the jpg file for the cover of the currently playing song and store it in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp. I don't think I can access this using the imagepath on a button because this is not addressable by the web server. Is this correct?

Thanks.

Comment

I suspect it is the radius entry under [Display]. When I updated the ini, I may have left a value here. Just remove the value and the background should re-appear.

You are correct on your second point. Homeseer can only serve from its html and sub directories for security reasons. The only way would be to use a script etc to copy the jpg across to the html directory.
                            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                              The only way would be to use a script etc to copy the jpg across to the html directory.
                              I just started using Fling from http://www.nchsoftware.com/ftp/index.html for this purpose. Works great.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X