X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Homeseer 2 Threads Utility

Jon

I installed it and I found 2 problems.

When I run the script there is no error in the log but the priority doesn't change. I cut an pasted the script name so I know it is correct. Also, if I try the # in front I get an error. I've attached the event. Do you see what I am doing wrong? BTW, Thanks very much for this because I think it is needed to alleviate a problem.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jasv; March 25, 2008, 09:51 PM. Reason: Had trouble adding the image.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

That's odd. What error do you get with the # added?
      Jon

Comment

Jon,

I ran it without any problem in an event, but I'm not sure it worked. I did have logging on, so it reported that the priority on the script I named got bumped from Normal to Above Normal. But... Should the threads page report the change? I went to the threads page after it was done, and all my scripts (including the one I had just bumped up in priority) remained at Normal. Is that expected?

Also, I don't know that it is related, but I saw something weird. I was remote logged into my Homeseer machine via VNC at the time. When I went to the VNC window, there was a log-in prompt for my Mail Server that I run on that same machine. Seemed weird, since I never log into the mail server locally. I wasn't there right before I ran your script, but I can't imagine it causing a login to my mail server. Is it possible?

Steve

Update: I did what I should have done and ran the event again. Two things seem wrong:
        1) It again reported that it was bumping the priority from Normal to Above Normal, indicating at the very least that the first time I ran it didn't take.
        2) The login prompt came up again, so I'm pretty sure your script is causing it somehow.

Comment

Steve,

I knew this might be tricky with the technique involved but it does seem to work here on my Hometroller.

The status page for threads will change if working correctly.

What version of IE do you have on your HS PC? Could you also confirm that Javascript is enable on it?

Also could you please tell me which version of HS are you running.

Thanks
          Jon

Comment

IE reports that it is version 7.0.5730.11

Javascript is enabled. I double checked.

I'm running v2.2.66 of Homeseer.

I'm not in a big hurry on this. If it seems to be working for others, don't go out of your way.

Steve

Comment

The trouble is that it is not - it only seems to be working with me. My Hometroller still has IE6 so I wonder if that is the issue.

Let me take a look at this.
              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                That's odd. What error do you get with the # added?
                I get
                3/26/2008 8:21:47 AM Jon00_Threads Warning Thread (#SaveCameraImages.vb) not found
                James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                  IE reports that it is version 7.0.5730.11

Javascript is enabled. I double checked.

I'm running v2.2.66 of Homeseer.

I'm not in a big hurry on this. If it seems to be working for others, don't go out of your way.

Steve
                  Steve,

I found a stupid error. I had hard-coded the web server port to 8080 (which is mine) when updating the threads. This has been corrected in V1.01. Could you give this a try please?
                  Jon

Comment

Jon,

I'll be happy to, but I'm away on vacation right now. I'll give it a try Sunday afternoon. Thanks for the effort.

Steve

Comment

Jon,

I forgot all about this when I got back from vacation. Sorry about that. I'll download the update and try it tonight.

Steve

Comment

I just tried it and it works perfectly for me. Thanks very much for this script.
                        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

James,

Thanks. That's a good sign!
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                            Jon,

I forgot all about this when I got back from vacation. Sorry about that. I'll download the update and try it tonight.

Steve
                            Steve,

Did it work?
                            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                              Steve,

Did it work?
                              Ooops - Sorry Jon! Yes, it works perfectly. Another handy one from you. (Gotta go break out my PayPal password again.... )

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X