Naming convention for Jon00 touchscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naming convention for Jon00 touchscreen

I was trying to come up with a naming convention for the ini files that would make sense in a hierarchical structure when setting up my touchscreen. For example, I have an audio page that allows you to pick each of the zones, each having their own page. So I thought of calling it 4a, 4b, 4c, etc. However, it appears that the page would load but certain elements did not seem to work - specifically text written to a display box. Must this be only whole numbers? If so, then I might go with 41,42,43,44 etc. Thanks.

At the moment it can only be numbers but....

The next version has already been changed! It now does not need to be numeric so you can have Jon00ControlWeather.ini for example

You then call it with Val=Weather

As you can see, all these changes are making this a major upgrade hence the time it's taking to do!
    Jon

Comment

This sounds great. In a previous post we discussed the update of status elements. I am interested in placing multiple display items on the same page - for example, with the HVAC - displaying setpoint, current temp, outside temp, etc. in separate displays in different locations. Right now I think I am limited to placing this all in one display? I would be interested in your thoughts on this? Let me know when you have a beta - would love to check it out.

Comment

Simon,

The "spacer" element of the design has been upgraded so it can be used a spacer (as before) but it can also be used to insert text and display tags. This means you have a potential of numerous areas to show text/images etc which can be changed on-the-fly.

I've still got several programming issues to sort as this is getting rather complex to say the least. Although I'm providing this functionality, I'm also concerned with the performance hit this is having as you increase the complexity of the design.

I don't want to put a date when this is going to be ready as it depends on my free time. There is still much to do including the documentation.
        Jon

Comment

Working...
        X