Changing buttons on the fly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing buttons on the fly

I have a question about changing buttons based upon other input. In the screen shot below, I have different sources on the right - Each of these sources has a number of sub options associated with it. For example, if you select CHA2 - my wife's channel, she has a bunch of playlists that she can then select. I have created a set of playlists below the sources, but currently it is static. Is it possible to have it update based upon the source selection to be relevant to the source? Thanks.
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/simon/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/simon/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/simon/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

The only way would be to make sure the page is completed (graphically) and then copy the ini file to something else. If you pressed CHA2, it would carry out the action, but also redirect to the new ini with the play-lists showing for your wife.

Looking at your example, you would need 7 ini files, the first being the front page. Pressing CHA1 to CHA6 would go to a new ini file with the play-list buttons populated for that channel.

Looking good BTW!
    Jon

Comment

I decided against doing this because it would create too many files. So I am going to simply add a sub-menu that allows access to all playlists. Here's another questions - is it possible to have more than one command trigger from a button - say run two script commands?

I can't get DisplayTag to work. I have the following:

[Display]
      Tag1=Volume<br><devicestring n48>

and

Button1-2Desc=[DisplayTag1]

but I get a blank display?

Thanks
      Last edited by simonmason; March 30, 2008, 08:50 PM.

Comment

You cannot run more than one command. Obviously you can run an event or a script to do multiple actions.

As for your display tag error, you should put the tags under [DisplayTag] NOT [Display]
        Jon

Comment

Got it. I think the documentation is a little misleading here. It refers to placing the settings under the [Display] section, not the [DisplayTags] section. Also, you mention [DisplayTag] below! I think it only works in the plural?

Comment

The docs are being updated with much more info and hopefully a bit clearer. The new version will have the ability to add text and/or graphics to buttons (with limitations) so this all has to be added to the docs.
            Jon

Comment

Working...
            X