NOAAWeather script error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOAAWeather script error

I have seen this once in the forum but I couldn’t find a fix.

I am randomly getting this error:

4/2/2008 12:43:13 PM Error Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/NOAAWeather/r:
    4/2/2008 12:43:13 PM ERROR InTCPSendFile: File 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/NOAAWeather/r:' not found.

When I get this error my status messed up and the wind direction icon does not show.

I have attached the config and it looks as though some of it is getting a little mangled when it comes to haze and wind direction.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as this is a great script and I would like to continue using it.

-Joe
    Attached Files
    Last edited by joegrace13; April 2, 2008, 01:22 PM.

Joe,

Could you do me a favour. When this happens, could you go to http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/data/obs...coded/KAUS.TXT and copy this file for me. It looks like some additional information is being sent which is upsetting the script.
    Jon

Comment

Will do. Thank you for the quick reply.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by joegrace13 View Post
          I get this occasionally with both the Noaa and BBC weather scripts.

I have always put it down to data not either being available or retrieved. It always corrects the next time the event is run.
          sigpic
          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Joe,

Thanks for posting. As you can see from the data there is no wind direction data as the wind speed is 0, hence the problem. I'll put a check in for this and release a new version.
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
              Joe,

Thanks for posting. As you can see from the data there is no wind direction data as the wind speed is 0, hence the problem. I'll put a check in for this and release a new version.
              Jon, when you have a min, could you also alter the BBC weather script.
              sigpic
              A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
                Jon, when you have a min, could you also alter the BBC weather script.
                Gogs,

You will need to post the error. I do not see this with my weather code.
                Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                  Gogs,

You will need to post the error. I do not see this with my weather code.
                  Ah, thought you may come back with that statement as soon as I had saved the post.

It's not so much an error, more of an annoyance.

Occassonaly, and very occasionally the BBC Weather script returns a nul string (no data) for temprature, thats the only one apart from wind speed I have events triggering depending on it's condition. When it returns a nul string I think the device reverts to it's HS "unknown" state thus the events I have error as they are looking for a figure such as 3 or 20.

I think, as I am writing this, that it is actually not something you should be looking at correcting as the script works perfectly, more something I should look at in my scripting as to how to tell the script to exit if data is not available in the form it expects it.

I suppose a simple If then would do the trick, ie: check the value being tested is actually within the range expected. something like
                  Code:
                  Sub Main
                  dim a
                  a=mid(hs.devicestring("W33"),71,3)
                  if a>-20 and a<50 then else exit sub
                  if a<3 and hs.IsOff ("E13") then
                  hs.ExecX10 "E13","ON"
                  hs.ExecX10 "B14+17","ON"
                  hs.speak "People, the temprature has dropped below three degrees. Outside heating on"
                  end if
                  end if
                  end sub
                  sigpic

Comment

V1.04 released

I've updated the script to V1.04. It now checks to see if the wind conditions are calm.
                    Jon

Comment

Hey Jon,

I've been getting these in the last few days:

5/15/2008 5:30:21 PM Jon00_NOAA Error at block X (Conversion from string "N/A" to type 'Double' is not valid.)
                      5/15/2008 5:30:21 PM Jon00_NOAA Error at block M (Conversion from string "N/A" to type 'Double' is not valid.)

I don't think I've seen that untill after the new version of the script but I am not 100% sure on that.

Any ideas?

Comment

I'm not sure why one of those errors should appear, however I've made a small change. Try V1.05 and see if they go away.
                        Jon

Comment

I am getting those errors as well...will try the new version.

Comment

Working...
                          X