my first attempt with a plug in/script email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my first attempt with a plug in/script email

ok so this is my first attempt at using a plugin. so i choose uours Jonoo.

I try real hard but I always have more problems then the average joe. I wouldnt go as far to say im not bright but well im not lol.

ok so I followed every instruction took my ime and yet i screwed something up.

This was the error message I got in my log when setting up the email script.

6/8/2008 10:52:56 PM - Jon00_Email - Checking the nest for E-Mail (mailbox 1)
    6/8/2008 10:53:17 PM - Jon00_Email - the nest Pop error : Connection was accepted but no data received before timeout. Connection closed
    6/8/2008 10:53:17 PM - Jon00_Email - the nest has 0 new emails
    6/8/2008 10:53:17 PM - Jon00_Email - the nest has 0 emails in this mailbox

My pop mail is gmail.

The reason is that you are using Gmail. As it stands, the program does not support SSL (secure socket layer) which is used by GMail.

This is mentioned in the documentation under Limitations. Go to the end of the documentation and look for the question & answer section. It explains how you can use GMail using a 3rd party program called STunnel.
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      The reason is that you are using Gmail. As it stands, the program does not support SSL (secure socket layer) which is used by GMail.

This is mentioned in the documentation under Limitations. Go to the end of the documentation and look for the question & answer section. It explains how you can use GMail using a 3rd party program called STunnel.
      Thanks for replying. Yes I read all your instructions very carefully. I installed STunnel and changed the config. file as directed.

Comment

Here my last post should have read:

Thanks for replying. Yes I read all your instructions very carefully. I installed STunnel and changed the config. file as directed And screwed it up. I have corrected my mistake everything appears to be working as it should.

ok so now I am going to play with this a while. I will post less question and utlize the search function more properly

Comment

Working...
        X