Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touch Screen on Audrey?

Hi,

I've just acquired a 3Com Audrey for use in the UK as a front end to Homeseer in the hall for general status updates and new voice messages/calls. Not being to technically literate when it comes to programming I tried to get Jon00's touch screen scripts up and going to display on the Audrey. I was expecting some loss of functionality based on the capability of the unit but it looks like it does not work at all.

Can anyone give me some pointers if there is a way, perhaps in conjunction with the MCSAudrey plugin to use the touch screen scripts to generate a working interface?

Regards

Dave

Dave,

I do not own an Audrey but the Web browser on these units is really old. I do not believe they support CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) which is one reason my program will not work on this unit.

Because of the browser limitations, you may be forced to use things like Rover to control Homeseer through this interface.

(Audrey users, please correct me if I'm wrong!)
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      Dave,

I do not own an Audrey but the Web browser on these units is really old. I do not believe they support CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) which is one reason my program will not work on this unit.

Because of the browser limitations, you may be forced to use things like Rover to control Homeseer through this interface.

(Audrey users, please correct me if I'm wrong!)
      Jon,

You are right. I basically took all the Homeseer CSS webpages that I use, run them through a web browser that CAN read them, then took that HTML and put it in a file for the Audrey. I also think there is a new Phoenix browser that can read CSS, but you needed to upgrade and I read on Audreyhacking.com that the new version of Phoenix lost some functionality that was necessary for HS interaction. Otherwise, that was the route to go to get CSS on an Audrey. Upgrade the browser.

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Working...
      X