• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

email question

Ok so it is time for a another laldaas "You Should Know This" Question

In the instructions it is written:

ACCESSING VIA THE WEB SERVER

It is recommended that you provide a link to Readmail1.ash on your web server. From this page, you will have full access to all features that this package provides with its default settings. This is called by /email/Readmail.ash in the Homeseer web browser. In other words all web pages for this package are in a folder called email under the html folder

Ok I am assuming this will ad a button on the HS browser. to link me to the asp page

(Sorry I am new to all this)

For the life of me can figure this out.

Could some one explain it to me in moron terms i would apperciate it.

I figure once I learn all the basics I will begin to handle things on my own.

In my own defence the search function is really bad! I searched "make a button" and wow did I get a million posts to sift through. none of which helped.

Homeseer provides an easy means to add up to 4 navigation buttons.

Go to setup and click on the web site tab. In the Custom Web Page 1 Title box, add the title of the button i.e. Email or Webmail
    In the Custom Web Page 1 URL/Link box add the URL i.e. /email/Readmail.ash

Save the page and the new button will appear below the logo bar.

If you need more than 4 buttons, look at this post for other options: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=125646
    Jon

Comment

Thanks that helped alot!

I wish I had the time to put into HS as ever one else, Just put in a 12 hour shift for the fourth day in a row im beat!

Comment

Working...
      X